multiple fishfinders on same boat

nhjim

multiple fishfinders on same boat

I know a lot of guys run multiple units on the same boat front back etc. I have an existing hummingbird that was going to leave in the back for the depth mostly when running rigers. just bought a new garmin for console mounting. both transducers would be on transom does this work or do they interfear with each other. if so whats the fix . thanks

My lowrance units interfere with each other when trying to use sonar on both at same. Just use the smaller( elite 5) strictly for GPS with the sonar function turned off. Cant give advice on any other units, but I guess they would if transducers have same frequency. Hope this helps.

Need to run them on different frequencies or they will interfere.  Some  of the CHIRP models can also cause interference with fixed frequency units as the CHIRP waveforms sweep across a frequency range essentially.  Another option is just to network the two displays off of one transducer if they are capable. 

I have one in front and one in back or my boat both humminbird that are compatible with eachorher, I only have one ducer mounted so interference isn't an issue, I ran an Ethernet cable from each unit so I can see sonar/gps ect. On each screen. Bespoke part is I now have a spare transducer if I ever need it !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

19 hours ago, Sheepdog264 said:

I have one in front and one in back or my boat both humminbird that are compatible with eachorher, I only have one ducer mounted so interference isn't an issue, I ran an Ethernet cable from each unit so I can see sonar/gps ect. On each screen. Bespoke part is I now have a spare transducer if I ever need it !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This! If you stick with the same brand you can do this, and it's great! Love the technology we have to work with these days.