Depth raider signal

I know Billy V was. I swear my connection is against everything they tell you not to do, and I don't use the special tape they sent. I get signal down to 150 without an issue. Not to mention my cable is chewed up and exposed in a few areas above the probe. This past weekend it started to come in and go out only to find out an hour later the low battery light went off. We switched the battery and it worked like a champ again. I'm lost! I should be in your boat, but im not.....

I'm with Yankee on this one. I terminated to a Black's release and also have a few knicks in the coated cable and have never lost my signal, even down past 130'. I'm even on my second year with my 9v battery. You may want to look at the RCA connections between the pick-up and the cable that runs to the head unit, or the connection of the cable to the head unit. The DR has been rock solid for me as well.

I'm thinking that the issue with mine (I lose signal down past 100' too) is exactly that sponge. Last year I had to replace that connection between the pick-up and the cable to the head unit. Depth Raider doesn't offer a stock replacement so we have a radio shack replacement on it and it's not very good. Might be time for a full replacement cable for me.

I just got off the phone with Curt from Depth Raider and he suggested this: Take the boat out into deep water and shut everything but the DR off, including the engines. Run the probe down well past the point where you lose signal, say 130Ft. If you lose signal right away you probably have either a bad ground or a connection issue like I mentioned above. If the signal is strong with nothing running, start the engine. Let it run for a few minutes while the DR is on. If the signal is still strong, it's not the engine. Turn on another piece of equipment. If the signal fritz's out when you turn on your FF let's say, then you know that it's interference from your FF that's causing the loss of signal. If you work your way through all of those steps and you don't find anything then it might be time for a new cable & connection to the antenna.