The latest and greatest from ProKing for 2017

Gotta Bite

New Flashers, New Spoons, New spins glows for the new season. Be sure to check out the latest products from ProKing. This year we are introducing our own brand of spin glows that we are calling "Pro Nuts". We look forward to being part of successful year on the big water or wherever you might be fishing . Good luck. [emoji106]

IMG_1488325805.239897.thumb.jpg.dbd0057fb56d3f5baae81f31887ffcb0.jpg

IMG_1488325932.011753.thumb.jpg.a672a770de99a95b753dbc81fb98647e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Bob those were developed and tested out on Lake Huron and Lake Michigan. I myself was using similar rigs from another tackle company last year that was hooverin' up the lakers for me. Now ProKing is in that market so I'll be using those this season. Unfortunately there is little in the ways of proprietary tackle these days. I've seen the rigs made by Gambler that you are referring to and they look good and I'm sure they are quality lures that will catch lakers. I'm just sharing what's new and available from ProKing this season. Good luck this season.

Looks like they borrowed some ideas from a member on this board who sell dynamite laker rigs. 

Unfortunately, stuff like this happens all the time, but Brian was the first to do this, then someone saw it on his boat and the rest is history.
Quality control with Brian and his Gambler Rigs is second to none.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Unfortunately, stuff like this happens all the time, but Brian was the first to do this, then someone saw it on his boat and the rest is history.

Thanks guys.  Competition does not bother me. 

14 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Thanks guys.  Competition does not bother me.  If you look at me competitors rigs, you will see visible flaws in the skirts from sloppy knots, tubes sticking out 1/8" on one and none on the next, Skirt lengths that vary in length and a couple other not as noticeable flaws.  If a company does not take the time to have consistency in their skirts, do you want to trust a knot that they tie on the hook? 

hell no , looking forward to the order on the way from you . i sent pro king an email once got no reply . will not buy a thing from them .

Edited by fisherdude

5 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

X200, this man had hopscotch threw the big wigs flower gardens to put a second to none product together. I might have been the first guy on his bandwagon, not sure but have just about all his colors. One more note he used his "OWN" money to kick off his buisness. That's what the bigger companies don't see and don't care. You got my buisness Gambler Riggs!!

As gambler said you cant trust mass produced products when it comes to fishing line i have bought some meat rigs that when i shock test with bare hands they brake like ten pound test .I always  rebuild them myself.

Hmmm stole an idea, that's new in fishing. Looks to me like every spin and glow squid used by ever up start lake angler back when it all started off, sure it's improved on but it's the same idea.

as far as pro king being massed produced???? It's one guy putting his heart and soul into it. Let me tell you a bit about this man, he is the kind of guy that falls out of a tree stand and breaks his back and still never gave up on his company. He is the kind of guy that would jump in his car and drive 18 hours just for the oppertunity to be included in a derby in east end of Lake Ontario. He is the kind of guy that still has 5 minutes in his life to check in on an old pro-staff member.

look you like your guy and your brand that's way cool. I wish him and all well great sucsses. Take 5 minutes and think before you run down a brand or a company if you don't have all the fact.

one thing I don't miss is the "us against you attitude" you will get so much further if you turn to an " us against the fish mentality.

There should be plenty of room for each product to be sold on here and elsewhere for BOTH and nobody should be "threatened" by competition when they are putting out a top notch product. I have a bunch of the  the Pro King spoons  which are very well made and I am familiar with Brian's super productive high quality Gambler rigs and it seems that folks will sort out their preferences for quality and pricing factors according to their own tastes without the need for getting into negative commentary.  All small businesses deserve a break these days and the ones on here deserve our  support.

Edited by Sk8man

Les has it right. We're a community here and brothers all. Brian doesn't care about who was first...new ideas are few and far between. He does it right and is rewarded for his hard work. It sounds like Pro King does it right, too. Lake Ontario UNITED.

4 minutes ago, MooseKnuckle VI said:

Just to throw out some kudos to Gambler. I placed an order late last week and the box showed up today. Didn't even get a chance to open it yet but was real pleased with how fast the stuff came and his willingness to answer questions about his tackle.

I'll second that any day, anytime, anywhere!!:yes:

15 minutes ago, MooseKnuckle VI said:

Just to throw out some kudos to Gambler. I placed an order late last week and the box showed up today. Didn't even get a chance to open it yet but was real pleased with how fast the stuff came and his willingness to answer questions about his tackle.

i put an order in with Gambler last year the very next day it was in my mail box ,talk about fast 

Brian does all the things right that a small business needs to do for success.....high quality product from someone who knows expertly what to do out there with the product and fair pricing and fast delivery. :):yes:

That's exactly right Les, there's one more catch here, he had to purchase at first as you or I would pay, if I told you the quantity and the amount of his own money he needed to put out to get the big quantity orders, well I nearly passed out!!! This is what I mentioned in my first post, as he had to tip toe through the flowerbeds to finally get these products in a gross and a timely manner. In my opinion they tried there damndist to squash out the little guy. Brian's perseverance got him through to the other side. So he could hand build these Riggs. His knowledge from winning laker tournaments after tournaments tell me this guy knows what works and where these colors work. Most guys know what works in the western part of Lake'O doesn't work on the easternmost part of the lake. Where else can you go and say "Hey I mostly fish Henderson area and the fish usually are Xamount of feet down, what color do you think I need" Oh well in my past experience this, this, and that on bright days and this and this on overcast day?? To me that's more important than the cost or should I say more than a monetary price?? To me I live 4.5 hrs from the lake, and don't have the luxury of jump in the boat and go at anytime. So if I can shorten my learning time to and turn it into catching time I'm all for it!!!  This whole scenario would be greatly different if it were a different species. To get young kids involved and for them to catch the biggest fish they ever saw, and will make them want to go again is a precious moment for a parent. This is where I stand, my girls love to fish, but I'm not going to bore them to death, say trolling for eyes that's for sure.  PAP.