Lowrance HDS 7

The first thing, go into your sonar setting and select the correct transducer that you're using, there should be a silver tag on the cable with the model number, if you don't have it selected right you're only getting about half the power. Select the correct transducer and click SAVE.

Then I'm sonar setting if fishing under 50' of water select shallow water, if deeper then keep it in general.

With an 83/200 or 50/200, set to 200 if fishing shallow or when running, 83 or 50 in deeper water

You can play around with ping and dial it in while your out there, I think 18 is where I had mine. But once it's tuned right you should be about to get great returns IMG_1488420541.383712.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys. I fish anywhere from 6ft deep in the rivers locally to 400+ deep on Lake 0 in good weather. I will have to check the transducer to make certain but I have more than one as well. I also have the down scan and side scan options. What your saying makes sense tho. I never took it off shallow water while fishing lake o last year or Lake Erie for that matter. This is my first Lake trolling boat and my first high end sonar setup. So I'm dealing with the growing pains I guess you could say. Thank you all for your input. I will hopefully be making my first trip to lake o in the next couple weeks. I will be sure to apply some of this

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United