Trump effect

I said before the election and I'll say it again Trump is no friend to the hunters and fisherman of this country. He's never walked through the woods with a shotgun or rifle in his hand, he's never held a fishing rod in his hand on one of the Great Lakes,Rivers or streams. Get ready for his 97% reduction of funding for the Make America Great Lakes!!!  Sportsman and blue coller people of America I'm sorry to say but he fooled you. Is Great Lakes Sportfishing billion dollar industry on his priority list?? - NOT!!! Make America Great Again means lets go back to the 50's & early 60's remember how great the Great Lakes Were Back Then!!!  I'm a registered republican that could not bring myself to vote for Trump for so many reasons. Been watching his shady dealings since early 70's. God help us all!!!

Please forward us the photos of Hilary carrying a gun or rifle in the woods. That would make one hell of a NRA commercial!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

"City it's"..good one. Well they need a king and queen of "City It's"...so. Funny how they think upstate needs the city and we need them to run the state.
Again, the King let millions of federal dollars sit on the table that could have benefited the ocean fishery down there, but held to the whining of the elitist downstate crying about having to buy a marine fishing license. Every state in the North East has a marine fishing license except NY.
So how do the downstate drama queens get their new marine facilities and park maintenance and other enhancements? With your NY Conservation fund...that's how. Millions went there from upstate license sales and other funding in upstate, that could have been funded federally from all the excise tax that you and I and all of America paid at 10% on all the fishing and bow hunting tackle sold country wide.
A marine license would have qualified the state for substantial federal matched cash from these excise taxes. That federal money would have put quite a few million dollars less stress on the Conservation fund.
King Cuomo let it get away on the backs of upstater's again...we need this how? At least if ever we upstater's want to go fish the marine waters it's a free license! Every body, even the non New Yorkers, ..wow! Imagine that! Of course King Cuomo would never mix federal matched money and state money in the same fund anyway. I'm sure there's no sense of management to put the money in the right place to do ALL OF NY "STATE" any good.
I learned a long time ago about being self sufficient and not expect everything to come on the backs of others. When I was young my dad said I think I'm going to go look at a boat for us to fish in. "You wanna come along"?
I said "SURE"! What kind of boat?
He said " It's a used row boat"
After a 20 minute ride in his pickup we pulled up in front of the farm that has the boat.
It's out back behind the barn the owner said. We get out there, and I'm thinking, wow this boat is really ugly, not very attractive at all. None the less, my dad kept looking it over and came over to me and said, "You like this boat"? Well, not wanting to make my dad waste his time on this trip "I said sure Dad..."
He said "You want to fish with me in this boat"? "I said Yeah Dad..." He said "Ok well, the price is right". Paid the man his cash and said "let's go put it on the truck."
Must be I had a look of dismay on my face, and obviously my enthusiasm was a little faint. "He said what's wrong?"
I said "Well it looks really rough dad. You think it will float even?"
He reminded me that I agreed that we could fish in this boat. Then he went to his tool box and rummaged around in there until he handed me something.
He said "This is sandpaper".
Lesson learned. Rubs me the wrong way to try to ride on the backs of others to this day. [emoji38]

cent frum my notso smartphone

The biggest sstep NYS could take in getting a better handle on things is to do away with the concept of the "general fund". Monies should be specifically allocated to carefully determined dedicated budgets instead of the "pinata" approach that has existed for years and then specific agencies could also roll over unused funds applied toward next years budget instead of "losing" the money if unspent. The current so-called "system" is ridiculous. I (dys)functioned within it for over thirty years.

Edited by Sk8man

I still don't know how Cuomo didn't go to jail for stealing from the Pittman-Robertson fund.  Moving money thru numerous accounts and into his private campaign fund.  Crook like his father. If it wasn't for the NYS Conservation Council suing him we may have lost millions.