Kicker size?

hookedupf7

I have a 16 ft starcraft. I run an 8 hp tohatsu fourstoke. Trolling speeds from 1.5-3 mph it runs at low rpm and is super gas efficient. I can't speak to a 5 hp, as if it would be enough, but I know the 8 is a great size for my 16 ft. 

i have a 16ft blue fin alm.center console with a 5 hp honda,pushes the boat just fine for trolling speeds.5 hp is plenty to push a 16fter.the only thing with a single cylinder kicker is the vibration.twins are alot smoother.

• 2 weeks later...

with pretty much any 4 stroke OB you will need to go to an 8hp to get a 2 cylinder engine - if you opt for a 5 or 6 hp you will get a single cyl - it will run much 'rougher' - the difference is very noticable. I started with a6hp tohatsu on my 16' lund and after a year upgraded to an 8hp - major difference - also it is much easier to get Elec start when you move up to 8hp

I have a 6hp merc on my 16ft Starcraft. Couldn't be happier, it does vibrate a more than a twin but with a rubber mat on the transom it doesn't rattle the boat or anything. I have the sailboat prop and I couldn't be happier starts 2nd pull and will run all day on a gallon of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk