Trailer break ?

adipose69

How big of a boat are you towing  ? and with what ? What's the issue with your surge brakes ? I am sure it can be done, just be ready to Bust Out Another Thousand. Probably google or you tube it to see how its done.

22' Trophy tandem Axel Loadrite. I have a 2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So the hull comes in around 3500 Lbs ,not sure what you have for power but I would guess the whole package with trailer is 5000 '- 5500 lbs loaded .  You have a good tow vehicle for that setup and oversize brakes on the truck as well. If you had a 19 ' or smaller aluminum boat you probably wouldn't even need trailer brakes,that's why I asked. Surge brakes if properly adjusted work great and there is a rubber snubbers available to take most of that jerrky stop and go reaction away if that's what bothers you. I take it you don't dock it and always trailer her.

Edited by Bozeman Bob

If you already have  hydraulic brakes, check out kodiak brakes electric over hydraulic system. 

I have hydraulic discs on my Ace custom aluminum trailer. They are the best. Found on high end horse and travel trailers. I don't know if they will work with drum brakes but gives you another option. We have a 201 Mako CC that we pull from Ottawa to Port Charlotte Florida.

we have about 17,000 miles on this trailer and I still love it. 

The activator is about $700 but if it will work with your drums that may be all you need.

Our tow vehicle is a 2008 F-250 King Ranch and the Mako comes in around 5000lbs I think. This combination tows amazingly well. 

Good luck.

Mitch.