2017 events

Jim an I are going over a bunch of things including events, banquet and awards. I am planning on sending out an email to membership soon. Will also post events schedule on our website.

Here are some dates.

*Next membership meeting Mon March 20th. Will have vote for Outstanding Member of the Year. Discuss and vote on going to team format for tourneys. Other important topics.

*Banquet Sat March 25th, at Keenans, details to come

*Otisco Tiger Tournament Sat May 20th

*Chautauqua Tournament Sat June 10th

*Waneta Fall Tournamet Sat Nov 4th

Chapter 69 is still growing. We are now at over 70 members including family members and youth memberships.

Edited by muskiedreams
corrected day of meeting

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update guys. 

Zach/Steve - any explanation on why the decision was made to limit boats to 3 anglers?  Isn't the same objective accomplished by limiting boats to specific number of rods?  Just trying to better understand the logic behind limiting participation....  seems contradictory to the clubs goal of increasing participation.

Thanks -

Chad

25 minutes ago, BlueEye said:

Thanks for the update guys. 

Zach/Steve - any explanation on why the decision was made to limit boats to 3 anglers?  Isn't the same objective accomplished by limiting boats to specific number of rods?  Just trying to better understand the logic behind limiting participation....  seems contradictory to the clubs goal of increasing participation.

Thanks -

Chad

That was discussed and decided upon at the Jan meeting. I was not there. A couple other people have questioned that as well. So it is something that will have to be discussed further at Monday's meeting. Also, Jim and I thought that there should be a discussion about an all or none (on the boat) rule for the big fish pool.

Membership meetings for the remainder of the year will be the 3rd Mon of every other month, 7pm at the Moose Lodge in Henrietta, NY.  So they will be in Jan., Mar., May, July, Sept. and Nov.

Non-members are welcome to attend. The Lodge kitchen has a great beef on weck sandwich on Monday, so you may want to come a little early for that.

Edited by muskiedreams

it is my understanding when talking to zack and the last meeting anglers to boat is unlimited (as long as the boat limitations are met) and all anglers are registered in tournament. but 6 rods max to boat   so you can have 6 caster or 2 trolling 

As I understood it, all other tournaments will be teams and points with points of all fish caught on the boat added together. Same as Chautauqua for number of anglers and rods.

Zach I am sending you a PM with another idea for possible future consideration.

This probably isn't the place but would anyone be interested in some sort of incentive to bring young people along to these events? Be it points or prizes I think this should be encouraged. I have only been to a few tourneys but I haven't noticed a teen at a single event.
I know if I was exposed to a group like this when I was a teen, it would have saved me from a few mistakes that I regret in my fishing past.
Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, zach said:

Esoxonly , my fishing partners for all the events will be my 9yr old son, his best friend who's 8 and my faithful companion - my chocolate lab . I am official netman and couldn't be happier.

That's awesome Zach. I know the feeling being the net man for my little brother. I get far more of a sense of accomplishment netting fish for others, especially youth, than catching fish myself.

That's what will make difference. More so than any contribution or donation to the sport that our club could offer. Getting young people involved should be the first priority in my opinion. If our common goal is in fact to protect our amazing muskie fisheries.
Incentives to include the youth could go a long way to help secure the future of our muskies.

To give some incentive for our youth and to help with getting started as well as for parents to spend some time with their kids on the water I will donate a rod/reel Combo to be given away at each of the tourneys at otisco and Chautauqua for those youth who are entered! More to follow as I need to get with zach about the details.!!! The outfit will be musky ready.

Sol

• 4 weeks later...

Following up on my promise of a combo giveaway, at the otisco lake tourney this new lexa 300h will be paired with a rod.As this is not a club giveaway but a personal one with the help of walleye Weiss from the flee market   Whom helped me aquire two reels and donated some others.. I do have a simple rule or request as far as eligibility...

Guys and gals... I will leave this to you, please ONLY enter a youth/teen who will be using this outfit!!This is not for adults or a Young'n too small to handle a casting rod.

but to help a youth get started.

I would probably say top age would be 16,Must also be entered in the tourney.Outfit will be spooled with #65 and leader attached.Im toying with the idea of giving it away in the morning for them to fish with!! 

Thats it. Chautauqua outfit to follow later. 

Thx

image.jpg

Edited by solgrande