Finger lakes tackle. who is owed money.

Don't be quick to judge him, no one is walking in his shoes. Yes he had a tough time filling orders but he was by far the best artist when it came to painting a lure. One of you guys with deep pockets should help him get to the next level instead of burying him. Business man?, not really, but he gave it a good go... Maybe he will turn it a around.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey there is a group of us who have sent him "bail out" money. He has asked us for it. And we all know people go thru hard times. So OK we sent him money to buy supplies.... Well that's where is only made us mad because after we sent $, no new products were getting done or sent to customers... So we have tried to help him out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I definitely understand his struggles. I have a small saltwater tackle business, and juggling the real job, with the family (2 kids under the age of 3!) and also doing the tackle business is crazy sometimes! There are times when I get custom orders in and I have to tell people that I can't get to it for X amount of days or I can refund you the money. Most are fine with waiting as long as there is communication. Some want their money back and I have no problems with that.

I also get held up by receiving wrong components from suppliers etc. and orders get delayed, but I have found as long as I am honest and just keep people updated they are all fine with it. No one likes not knowing where their order stands.

I have bought from FLT before and he makes a great product. Hope he gets it turned around, but it doesn't sound good.

When I was dealing with Bob years ago I got way more for the $$$ then I spent. i had a HOT order in from him because I had family coming up to fish , he drove down from Elmira and met me at the Dandy market in Sayre. Drove to my fish camp with a order in Lodi , came down to Lodi to fish with me left 20 or 30 spoons in a box on my boat , came over two times 1/4 the way up the east side of Seneca to meet me with a order. Then I had one of his test spoons that was kicking ass on Bows and Landlocked salmon. I got a hold of him about wanted to put an order in for them and a few more spoons. Just could not hook up with him on it. At that time he was going big time with Lake O spoons so I thought he was making more $$$ at that so I just gave up. I know I pushed his spoons on this site but what I posted and the pictures of the fish caught with his spoons were the REAL DEAL. Come on Bob take care of this stuff I would love to get more spoons from you !!!!!

1 hour ago, Nautitroller said:

Don't be quick to judge him, no one is walking in his shoes. Yes he had a tough time filling orders but he was by far the best artist when it came to painting a lure. One of you guys with deep pockets should help him get to the next level instead of burying him. Business man?, not really, but he gave it a good go... Maybe he will turn it a around.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

you are nuts

According to Facebook, it looks like many many many people are out $, equipment and whatever else. Some guy on their was trying to organize something last month and wanted everyone that got screwed to contact him.

When I think I've seen it all in the salmon world I'm mistaken again. sounds like one of my favorite soaps, "As the Lake Turns"....lol

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

NO EXCUSE!  Not our responsability to bail him out.  I don't care if you can paint the Sixteenth Chapel on a spoon.  The funny thing is that everyone who gave him money or product or both would completely understand if he just sent  their goods or money back and simply said  " im overwelmed and i dont want to hold your  cash or spoons or flashers  without knowing when i can get it to you, sorry"      

My only question is, what's the sixteenth chapel?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sorry guys but the last time he was on here was July 2016 so it's been a few months and I don't think he will be coming back. I checked his site and it is still up and operational. I can't believe he still has it up that is just wrong if he isn't going to actually fill the orders.

My guess if faced with a lawsuit he would declare bankruptcy and nobody will get their stuff or money back.  Of course he has an address.......maybe take a drive :thinking: and say hello.

5 minutes ago, AnglingAddict said:

I'm owed.  Details and amount irrelevant to the conversation, but he never made good on it.  I've given up - not worth the time to try and recover my losses. 

Yes you could give up but then you will have to change your boat name.

As for a lawsuit you can obtain a judgement and then ganish wages / buisness assets / put liens out on properties.... and in some situations go after personal cars/ houses / and assets. If he really is 10k or more in debt it would be a strong encouragment to make thigs right or put a hurting on any future financials he may obtain.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My guess if faced with a lawsuit he would declare bankruptcy and nobody will get their stuff or money back.  Of course he has an address.......maybe take a drive :thinking: and say hello.

That is how you get arrested. I was part of the thread last year and was able to get my spoons by disputing my credit card was a pain but it got his attention and I recieved my order plus a few The man does excellent work but I seriously looked at all the FLT spoons for sale here in the previous month and would have purchased as I like his products but I will never order directly from him again I will either buy at a retailer or 2nd hand from 1 of you.New electronics coming this month so I have to stay away from the classifieds and can not buy anymore tackle (I hope I start to believe this lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10 minutes ago, dawg said:

That is how you get arrested. I was part of the thread last year and was able to get my spoons by disputing my credit card was a pain but it got his attention and I recieved my order plus a few The man does excellent work but I seriously looked at all the FLT spoons for sale here in the previous month and would have purchased as I like his products but I will never order directly from him again 

No, I don't condone violence .....especially over spoon orders, but it is amazing what agreements can be forged when meeting face-to-face as opposed to texting or tweeting.