Finger lakes tackle. who is owed money.

Still can't believe he has an up and running web  site this is nothing but a money pit for unsuspecting buyers and should be shut down I luckily made my purchase through PAY PAL he has until today which is ten days from file date to respond if he does not they are refunding my money. I don't know how or who to contact to shut this site down but if it is the AG office in New York I will make the call.

I will be making a visit next time I make my rounds across the state for my Classic events. He has 12 dipsies and a pair of 20 lb sharks from us that I would like to get back... If I can't rescue them this summer I guess I'll just have to write it off as a loss... Grrr....

With the number of people out of money from orders not being received and if he still taking online orders/money, I'm surprised you haven't contacted the police. The town he lives in doesn't have a police department, you would need to contact chemung county sheriffs or nys troopers. I am sure if he has taken in all the money without providing the products, he probably hasn't paid the sales taxes either. We all know uncle Andy won't stand for that. Recently in this area they have hauled a few people to jail for not providing services and not paying sales taxes.

Just a thought and hope you all get your products or money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 3/8/2017 at 6:30 AM, Gator said:

It sounds to me like someone who got too big too fast and couldn't keep up. Not long ago, Bob Fuller spoons were the bomb and the King of Sting was the best lure on the lake. I ordered from him numerous times with no issues whatsoever. His work was fantastic. And now this.

It's sad. Hopefully there's a lesson learned for other potential entrepreneurs out there.Making a good product is only part of the battle. Having a sound business plan, anticipated cash flow and limitations is equally important.  

I agree with Gator. I have bought many spoons from him and they are by far the best quality spoons I have in my arsenal. Always got my order with a few weeks. King of sting is still the best spoon for late August and Early September for staging kings. I came across a few post quite a few months ago on face book that he had suffered some kind of medical emergency and was in the Hospital. Not sure if thats what is also adding to the issues. its to bad it has come to this and he has taken money from so many

Edited by steelfire

Health/personal issues are no excuse to continue to run an active business/website  that still is advertising & accepting payment for products that aren't being made or delivered. Any and all $ that were paid with online orders should still be available for refund if the person is not knowingly participating in fraudulent business practices. JMO

Funny story, off-topic a bit. Years ago I caught a 20+ steelhead that I kept for the wall. I took it to a taxidermist who was working out of Hollow Grinder., which many of you likely remember though it's now gone. Many moons later, I got a letter from her estate indicating that she'd passed away and that any work she'd finished would be available for pick-up. So, I drove down to Hollow Grinder. Their back room was full of mounts, some completed, some not. I came to find out that they had no idea whose fish was whose and they were simply letting anyone with a receipt take what they wanted! Well, my fish was long gone. I suspect that it hangs on somebody else's wall now. I ended up with a steelhead that may have gone ~14 lbs alive, mounted straight as an arrow and done up in lake silver (I'd asked for a jumper with spring colors). It's on the wall in my office and whenever somebody mentions that it's a great fish, I have to chuckle.

In case anyone wonders, nobody showed up to claim the steelhead that I now have, which is why I ended up with it.

And the point to my story is that when somebody's health goes wrong, all bets are off. Not making excuses for the guy, as I don't know him at all. Just sharing.

And that's the problem with these small mom and pop businesses . There is little to no record keeping . Taxidermy mounts,whether finished or not, should have the customers name attached to the game . I'm sorry that this man's business went south , he obviously made quality tackle . The fact that his website is open and he continues to take orders is very concerning and should be brought to the attention of the NY state AG's office . I lost a mooring cover several years ago ,when the woman that owned the sewing shop suddenly closed shop and dissapeared . Caveat Emptor !!

It looks as though the Fingerlakestackle.com domain is registered under GoDaddy.com until August 10th 2018 and as long as the site remains open folks are going to get fleeced unless someone formally reports the issues to authorities and the site is taken down and there is still the Facebook site as well....

Edited by Sk8man

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Funny story, off-topic a bit. Years ago I caught a 20+ steelhead that I kept for the wall. I took it to a taxidermist who was working out of Hollow Grinder., which many of you likely remember though it's now gone. Many moons later, I got a letter from her estate indicating that she'd passed away and that any work she'd finished would be available for pick-up. So, I drove down to Hollow Grinder. Their back room was full of mounts, some completed, some not. I came to find out that they had no idea whose fish was whose and they were simply letting anyone with a receipt take what they wanted! Well, my fish was long gone. I suspect that it hangs on somebody else's wall now. I ended up with a steelhead that may have gone ~14 lbs alive, mounted straight as an arrow and done up in lake silver (I'd asked for a jumper with spring colors). It's on the wall in my office and whenever somebody mentions that it's a great fish, I have to chuckle.

In case anyone wonders, nobody showed up to claim the steelhead that I now have, which is why I ended up with it.

And the point to my story is that when somebody's health goes wrong, all bets are off. Not making excuses for the guy, as I don't know him at all. Just sharing.

Keith I was having my 18# brown trout done back then too and had to go in to get it because when I called them about what was going on I was told she had cancer and didn't know when or if she was going to be able to get it done. I wasn't able to get my down payment $ back but did get my brown (hope it was mine:wondering::o:lol: back) and had it done elsewhere.

Well back to Bob FLT (Fleeing Like Thief) he called me and wanted me to give him a bunch of money like $1,000 or more for him to get some equipment to make the process of producing the spoons faster and would be some sort of partner thing.....Yeah I was going to do that right after I supplied him with the paints to paint the 16TH OR 17TH chapel :wondering::P:lol:.

I purchased a bunch of spoons back in the day and actually had him paint some custom stuff way before he became "big time" .

He did have some health issues which is absolutely no excuse but he became a freaking NUT JOB when it came to how he handled other spoon manufactures copying his patterns which should he should have taken as a compliment instead of bashing them publicly! make a better product and a reasonable price with good service and it wouldn't matter if the pope himself was making the spoons in whatever that chapel is called:rofl:

I think Rick Hajecki nailed it when he called him out on FB about that.

So how do I get a hold of this guy Nick that is producing spoons y'all are talking about? Web site or FB page? is there some pics of his spoons on here?

I know Narby's had a box of his spoons they were getting rid of too.

10 minutes ago, FISHINMAN said:

Keith I was having my 18# brown trout done back then too and had to go in to get it because when I called them about what was going on I was told she had cancer and didn't know when or if she was going to be able to get it done. I wasn't able to get my down payment $ back but did get my brown (hope it was mine:wondering::o:lol: back) and had it done elsewhere.

Well back to Bob FLT (Fleeing Like Thief) he called me and wanted me to give him a bunch of money like $1,000 or more for him to get some equipment to make the process of producing the spoons faster and would be some sort of partner thing.....Yeah I was going to do that right after I supplied him with the paints to paint the 16TH OR 17TH chapel :wondering::P:lol:.

I purchased a bunch of spoons back in the day and actually had him paint some custom stuff way before he became "big time" .

He did have some health issues which is absolutely no excuse but he became a freaking NUT JOB when it came to how he handled other spoon manufactures copying his patterns which should he should have taken as a compliment instead of bashing them publicly! make a better product and a reasonable price with good service and it wouldn't matter if the pope himself was making the spoons in whatever that chapel is called:rofl:

I think Rick Hajecki nailed it when he called him out on FB about that.

So how do I get a hold of this guy Nick that is producing spoons y'all are talking about? Web site or FB page? is there some pics of his spoons on here?

I know Narby's had a box of his spoons they were getting rid of too.

Check out this Thread for a few pictures of his work.  Hybrid Lures is the name of the company and Nick has been very responsive to my questions and great turn around on the work I sent him.  bridlures.simdif.com 

It looks as though the Fingerlakestackle.com domain is registered under GoDaddy.com until August 10th 2018 and as long as the site remains open folks are going to get fleeced unless someone formally reports the issues to authorities and the site is taken down and there is still the Facebook site as well....

Everyone should at least post a negative review on his Facebook to prevent farther thievery as much as possible ...me and 2 other people are the only negative reviews. ..still has a 4.6+ rating

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app