lake o laws

hi I am new here and in hope that you guys can tell me if there is any laws that I will have to go by if I bring my own boat and fish out of it for myself not for hire.it is a 16 foot  pleaser boat with 60hp outboard and 5.5 kicker. want to use it in April near shore for brown trout fishing thank you for any info.

Not sure I understand the question. You are required to have a valid fishing license and follow all fishing regulations. You must also possess all required safety equipment aboard your boat.

Hope that helps. Where you're fishing would help to determine which rules to follow.

Also, boat and trailer being registered. That's it really, it's state waters.
Some launches may charge depending on where you're going out of. Plenty of free state launches around.
Where are you coming from? And where are you looking to fish? Guys here on LOU will can help you with launch tips wherever you want to end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Safety equipment on boat must be US Coast Guard compliant, as it is a federally regulated body of water.

http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=V-DEPT&category=virtual-safety-check

You may also want to look at the State page for information on NYS Regs and Invasive species information.

https://parks.ny.gov/recreation/boating/

Edited by Lucky13
adding info
  • Like 1

On March 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM, trapper762 said:

coming from Maine and looking to fish Mexico bay looking at Pulaski NY looking at salmon river ramp. I wasn't sure if there are other laws or rules for using my boat on the lake for trolling over the state laws.

By Salmon River ramp I'm guessing you mean Port Ontario? Not a big fan of that ramp myself. With a 16' boat you could go to Pine Grove which also is on the Salmon River not far away. I prefer Mexico which is farther towards Oswego, lots of parking and plenty of dock space but still a quick run to the big river if you want. 

• 1 month later...