Brewerton elosta show

Exactly...a $20.00 reel all day long anywhere....it's too bad because there's actually some good older fellas and their wives that have tables every year with the quality made items expected at these shows. All I saw was a bunch of rude blow hard self proclaimed charter pros getting rid of their old crap for double list price...unimpressed

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It is the same no matter where you go. There were deals to be had but had to look through all the "other" stuff. Some guys always put crazy prices on things and others are looking to just unload some stuff and not get rich.

'Bout Time
Mike

I was pretty happy, picked up a Scotty replacement boom for $40 and just about 100 decent spoons for 80$... saw a decent amount of rods for cheap thst weren't all beat up. Last year did seem better, but then again I was 10min late today and I suspect the good deals were just about gone by then like last year

I personally like that show, but if I can't get there at 9... I don't go

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good amount of people early - I sold about $1200 worth of stuff.  Had some stuff I thought was a deal that would go immediately and no one picked it up - other stuff I thought I had a little overpriced and people might haggle and was swiped with no questions asked - overall was nice to clear some stuff out and then listen to Pete, Mark, and Brian discuss their techniques....

I'm just walking in the door myself, I bought a pile of stinger spoons for $2.00 I thought I was in heaven!! I drove 3.5 hrs to get there. I should have left at 5:am took a little longer on the count of major snow squalls. I like the presentation, kinda, little bummed that no one fishes eyes when you could spit to Onieda, but hey I learned something's. I thought it looked picked over pretty good. I didn't get there till 10:15, guys were running towards their truck. I talked to Fishy Buisness, he thought I just had to buy this one reel, I'm like no, I don't need reels. I kinda thought the locals would get the cream of the crop, but hey if I can buy spoons for $2.00 I'm happy. My first experience at this so I didn't know what to really expect. I drove further for less already that's for sure!!

Oh I forgot to add I have the winning ticket for the HDS9 Touch!![emoji38]

That's awesome Pap!! That's like almost a $1000 unit. Very nice. I wish I could have made it down to this event but I had other things going on. Maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes Fishy Business was there selling NEW, not used items.For having problems getting set up ,we did good enough to sign up for the 2018 show.We sold most of our items before the talk by the charter captains,there for the first 2 hours.You never know what to bring to sell,somethings go and some dont. The only thing I can say is if you want to see what stores have in stock,visit them and not cut them down in what they bring to the shows they do. Thank you Fishy

17 hours ago, pap said:

Oh I forgot to add I have the winning ticket for the HDS9 Touch!!:lol:

Guys I was only joking!! The drawing isn't till April!!!  For those that have tickets know this!! Other don't know!!!! I was just busting those who have tickets!!  OMG I didn't think at the time not everyone knew this!!! My bad. PAP,

I didn't make it to this show because I've been tangled up at home while they install a new kitchen hardwood  floor (because of inept contractor installation of a new refrigerator water line = $9,000 damage). After years of going to shows and other venues whre new and used equipment is sold. I know that sometimes folks including me may have unrealistic expectations regarding "bargains" etc. There is often a real mix of vendors at the shows and for some it is just a "hobby", some it is a matter of unloading no longer used equipment, and for other small businesses where they depend on sales to keep going the "bottom line" is a very different issue and pricing is also a real consideration. New items have a very different actual cost attached to them as being recently purchased their initial (even wholesale as well) purchasing cost is higher than older items let alone used items. I know Fishy well and have done business with him over the years as well as close friends  of mine. He is a very experienced fisherman and I know that his prices are fair and his profit margin is thin as a small businessman in contrast with the big stores that buy wholesale in humongous quantities. I have known many bait and tackle shop owners personally over the years in the Finger Lakes and most of them are now either deceased or no longer in business because of the difficulty competing with the "giants".. We need to support these smaller businesses that try hard to stock items of interest to us, give us personal advice and service etc..... Ilke a lot of things now days they are becoming an "endangered species".

Edited by Sk8man

Well said Sk8man !!  There were Good deals to be had .   I found 10 like new Yozari stickbaits for $20   I thought that was great.  The weather keep some of the venders away.  My drive home 81 south looked like the big one at Talladaga with a 15 car pileup on the elevated section before the thruway . Had a fun day selling tickets for the club.and talking fishing with friends.                                                                                       4

On 3/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, bout time said:

It is the same no matter where you go. There were deals to be had but had to look through all the "other" stuff. Some guys always put crazy prices on things and others are looking to just unload some stuff and not get rich.

'Bout Time
Mike

Pretty much what we experienced. Some real good deals there on some used equipment and lures. New equipment that I saw (now I didn't see those Okuma's for 60 bucks. Lol.) was overall (but not everything) fairly priced but not really a bargain. IMO, the bargain was in used tackle. I did see a brand new 150 qt Igloo cooler that was a real bargain for 40 bucks. I tried to buy it, but it got sold in front of me. Did some online searches and the best I can do for the same cooler is 84 bucks. I missed out on a good deal there.

I personally thought it was great, was bummed not many walleye guys, but after the show, that was awesome, but no eye Capt's the only thing I was a little shocked by is they didn't know of any charter guys in 50 miles of there? I know they ment LakeO. I know they gave up some good long time secrets!! That was good for me as I was buying stinger spoons for $2.00 in the wrapper yet, I was in heaven. My uncle bought a 7ft Berkley IM8 pole for $20.00 for jigging, my other uncle bought a shyt load of stand up jigs. I was looking for R&R super slims, I didn't see any but I didn't get there till 10:15 on the count of the snow blowing, Freaken idiots flying buy ya in those little tin can cars, then there they were a mile or two against the guardrails or sitting in the median LOL. I put 7+hrs on the road yesterday, but all was good.

Pretty much what we experienced. Some real good deals there on some used equipment and lures. New equipment that I saw (now I didn't see those Okuma's for 60 bucks. Lol.) was overall (but not everything) fairly priced but not really a bargain. IMO, the bargain was in used tackle. I did see a brand new 150 qt Igloo cooler that was a real bargain for 40 bucks. I tried to buy it, but it got sold in front of me. Did some online searches and the best I can do for the same cooler is 84 bucks. I missed out on a good deal there.

It's like the stuff for sale here or even at garage sales. Some guys think their stuff is worth a million and others are looking to unload it at a bargain. I picked up a diver rod with twill tip paired with a okuma convector line counter 30d for 25 bucks. Not that I needed it but it was a good deal and will work as a "backup rod". I also picked up 3 echip flashers paired with atommik files for $15. Again not needing them but always good to have extras at those prices. It is definitely a place where if you see it and want it, buy it because chances are you won't get a second chance at it. It was good to see many guys that I haven't seen in a while and beats sitting home watching the snow.

'Bout Time
Mike

Yea I hear ya there bout time, I cheaped out on a tackle box that held 200 spoon for $35 aaayyyy, I'll get after the seminar, ha ha ya, right snooze you lose, and that's exactly what I did lost!! could of kicked myself right in azz:thinking: