GPS/FishFinder

GPS/FishFinder

Need some opinions sorting this out. On my last boat , I had a Garmin 400c Fishfinder and a Garmin 541s GPS Chartplotter. Setting up a new to me 18ft Smokercraft and was wondering if i should get the same electronics I'm used to or something newer and learn new technology. Alot of the new stuff seems very confusing and I want to keep it simple. I know the 541s does both but i want seperate units so i have the whole screen dedicated for one use, don't care for the split screen options, when you get older the bigger the picture helps alot. 

I updated my electronics last year fromLowrance units that are now 10 years old to Garmin 73 and 93 Echomaps.  I used the Garmin units right out of the box with very little learning curve.One unit is on the bow and the other is at the helm.  I do run mine split screen.  They are also able to run panoptix, but the price for that feature is steep.  To answer your question is what is on your dreamlist for featues: 

Is it side imiging, better maps, ability to create your own maps, larger screen, down imiging?  If those features you want (Garmin Echomaps are not touch screen) then get a new unit.  I still use my lowrance ice fishing