Teaser flies

Not exactly a fly twinkie rig but I run a homemade triple spin n glow twinkie rig behind a 11inch paddle . I run it off a mag dipsey. Pick your color but  I run the favorite rainbow colors......Small size spin n glow.

And yes it works in the fingerlakes.

The twinki meat rig works OK  on the Fingers for lakers down deep and I know it may sound a bit unusual but if you are after the rainbows, landlocks and browns a medium sized blade worm harness with a large live nightcrawler or even an imitation one aboout 5 inches long run back a ways from the boat  will be more effective for them. Small sets of cowbells with peanuts run 20-30 ft behind a downrigger will also work.

Edited by Sk8man

8 hours ago, Sk8man said:

The twinki meat rig works OK  on the Fingers for lakers down deep and I know it may sound a bit unusual but if you are after the rainbows, landlocks and browns a medium sized blade worm harness with a large live nightcrawler or even an imitation one aboout 5 inches long run back a ways from the boat  will be more effective for them. Small sets of cowbells with peanuts run 20-30 ft behind a downrigger will also work.

that sounds interesting what kind of speed do you run that set up at.  I usually speed up a bit when i put out a bow and LL spread.  Browns I usually slow down but i dont fish them on the fingerlakes much mostly because i have never done well with them.

Usually 2.3 to 2.5 conditions permitting for rainbows and landlocks. The blades are honking pretty good. Browns on the Fingers are a different ballgame altogether.