Parts box

phil2

Parts box

Looking at 4 boats all older. I'm not 100% on not going smaller trailerable 22 to 24 ft or just saying heck with it and get a 26 to 27 ft. Question is What do you keep as a in case **** box?  Hoses, clamps , stuff for on the water fix item's. 

a good pre trip and post trip inspection goes a long way to catch hoses and belts lose this or that . do carry a tool bag to make small repairs on the water. as for parts extra  fuel separator filter ,clamp or two roll of electrical tape , fuses . some down rigger parts . like the feeling of a kicker gives ya when heading out on the water for that just in case . 

Edited by fisherdude

Ok, this is going to sound corny, but you know the guy on TV that puts a screen door in the bottom of a boat and than paints it with Flex Seal? Well, that stuff really does work. A while back we split the seam on a canoe at our hunting cabin. While in town the next day I saw Flex Tape, made by the same company, at a hardware store. We were able to seal the split seam with it and keep fishing for the rest of the trip. After seeing how well it worked I started carrying some tucked away at the bottom of my emergency box.

I got it on Amazon in a roll and cut a few legnths so it would fit in the box.

https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Seal-Tape-Black/dp/B01N5Q3G8H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489451858&sr=8-1&keywords=flex+tape

I keep spark plugs, belts, impeller. Cap/rotor, coil, drive shaft packing, spare hose and hose clamps, filters, oil and coolant for our vessel. Enough to cover both motors. Also, have spare carb onboard, I may be over kill, but it's not taking up any space and it's a good piece of mind..

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

15 hours ago, lakebound88 said:

I keep spark plugs, belts, impeller. Cap/rotor, coil, drive shaft packing, spare hose and hose clamps, filters, oil and coolant for our vessel. Enough to cover both motors. Also, have spare carb onboard, I may be over kill, but it's not taking up any space and it's a good piece of mind..

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Never can have enough fix'in stuff aboard, I only have one motor, but ya I carry new points condenser in the packet yet and hope I'll never need to, I also carry a spare alternator, starter, bought a 205 piece tool kit in a nice carry case. Very good advise lakebound88 as mentioned hoses and hose clamps, I don't carry a spray carburetor but a spray bottle filled with  gas in itL 'great ides lake88'.