Dash Update

lakebound88

Finally bit the bullet and updated my dash for that modern look. I'll make it more modern next year, but for new this will do. Flush mounts are definitely the way to go. Anyone else considering doing it, I recommend it... I'll report back after fishing a few times with it.

Nick 20170312_095834.jpg20170312_103402.jpg

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Looks impressive that's for sure!! Do the screens stand up?? Or do you have a set at the back also?? If standing mid ship I can see my screens front which are my newer units and I put my Hummingbird 788 on the dog house, so either way I turn I got depth gauge, not that important later in the year but Browns in the spring in skinny water I got my eyes glued to the screen. Of coarse would be different story if you could send the board in the skinny waters. How often are we the only boat out there or even with another boater that would move out, so you can continue on course??:shake: yea right!! Well that's another story. This is about your dash l like it a lot, just hope you can see them, unless you don't leave the helm.  PAP

I have units mounted on the aft deck as well.. I hardly sit at my helm except when running to and from spots and docking. Usually let cutomers sit at the helm .. ha

Well I kinda thought that!! In that case Nick you just jumped into the 21st centuryLOL  I'm really impressed with the guage area, bet that looks Freaken awesome through that glass. If you could I know it will be difficult the rest of this week, on the account of Mother Nature, but a night picture would be neat!!  :yes::yes:

11 minutes ago, lakebound88 said:

For sure. I'll be up when the weather breaks probably, snow removal time. ..

Yea, fishing the lake in February 65* now we're supposed to get up to 12-15"s. Yippy Ki AA mofo. I'm hoping for 2-5"s :@  I'm so ':puke:

59 minutes ago, pap said:

If standing mid ship I can see my screens front which are my newer units and I put my Hummingbird 788 on the dog house, so either way I turn I got depth gauge, not that important later in the year but Browns in the spring in skinny water I got my eyes glued to the screen.see them, unless you don't lea  PAP

Where Nick fishes he keeps his eye on the depth !!!!!!

Nick, what did you use for your dash panel? Looks very nice. I'm going to be doing mine in next couple weeks and was planning on using starboard. We're doing a complete dash upgrade, mounting 2 units in dash and reconfiguring guage cluster. Hopefully we'll have our old girls dash looking as clean as yours.                                Thanks in advance               

Greg

Greg, right now is is modern teak. Next spring I will be doing starboard. I'll do smoke glass or something similar on the helm station and up top.

For sure! That's a huge screen!

Lol - Yes it Is. The boat had a C80 ( 8" ) screen to start with. When looking for a replacement I couldn't pass up the deal on this one (it's 12"). It actually works great because I can see it from
The back of the boat without squinting. Problem I have is guys on board think it's like a TV and tend to watch that more then the rods .......

'Bout Time
Mike