for sale : usa NK Spoons

South Bay Boat and Tackle in Rochester had some NKs when I was there a month or so ago.  Not sure if he has the specific spoon you're looking for, but worth a call.

I bought a whole bunch of cheap NK Mags, stingers Stingrays from there last month just to send them to Nick of Hybrid Lures to paint them how I want. That is an option for you. Find old ones and send them to him. He's on this site.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

2 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

I bought a whole bunch of cheap NK Mags, stingers Stingrays from there last month just to send them to Nick of Hybrid Lures to paint them how I want. That is an option for you. Find old ones and send them to him. He's on this site.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

I just had Nick paint some up for me.  He does an outstanding job.  Right now he doesn't have tape for Mags but he did talk about the possibility of getting some.  Irregardless of having tape for the mags the paint jobs more than exceeded my expectations. All spoons in the pictures are NKs except four which are blanks I am experimenting with I got online. 

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Sweet, I see which are his and which are go overs!! The glow is amazing!! Nick the man with the plan!!! He gets all my spoon work, I'm kinda spoiled as I started with him now everything to me is second fiddle :lol:

Edited by pap

9 minutes ago, pap said:

Sweet, I see which are his and which are go overs!! The glow is amazing!! Nick the man with the plan!!! He gets all my spoon work, I'm kinda spoiled as I started with him now everything to me is second fiddle :lol:

Pap,

He definitely has a talent either you are born with or not.  I am trying to learn to airbrush some of my own spoons and figure I will get good enough to do some simple patterns, like a carbon 14 lol,  but Nick will always get some work for me.  He simply does incredible work that I know I will never get close to.  Any spoon blanks that are rare or proven fish catchers on my boat and need a new paint job will get his paint jobs not my feeble attempts.   

16 minutes ago, Missdemeanor said:

0315171103.jpg0315171102a.jpg0315171102b.jpg
Got my Hybrid Customs today. I've been using Nick for a year now. He does excellent work. He does very good work on Stickbaits also.

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They all look great.  I really like the gold colored on up top.  

1 hour ago, markdaniel said:

NK Spoons

Does anyone know of a salmon/trout bait shop that has a selection of NK spoons for sale.  Still looking for silver and green dot NK spoons.

Thanks, Mark

Check out the fishing flea markets that are coming up.  There is one in Rochester this weekend I believe, great source of older rarer spoons and spoons that can be repainted.

Check out the fishing flea markets that are coming up.  There is one in Rochester this weekend I believe, great source of older rarer spoons and spoons that can be repainted.

Do you have a link or website I can look at a list of flea markets?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, stoneam2006 said:

No link has them all but search will find them.  Here is a quick recap of what I found.

3rd Annual Fisherman's Flea Market GCBA Sun. March 19th

Genesee Charter Boat Association 3rd annual Fisherman's Flea Market, Sunday March 19, 2017, 9AM - 2 PM, Point Pleasant Fire Hall, 55 Ewer Street, Rochester , NY. No early entries. Some proceeds to benefit the salmon pen rearing project. Volunteers needed to help with the pen rearing. Come on down and haggle with the local captains and get some real deals.

GCBA Logo.jpg

20170309_055018-1.jpg

ELOTSA has one for the Eastern end of Lake Ontario but I think that one already happened.

10 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Theres a good one coming up on the 26th of March in Watkins Glen. that's supposed to be really be good and a lot bigger than Brewerton.

29 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I'm not asking for you to speak for him, but what is Nick getting on average a spoon

Like you said I would want to speak for him. I asked him the same questions in a PM and the price is pretty variable depending on a lot of things.  Basically the spoons condition, does he have to clean up and strip old paint, ect.  Glo cost a little more.  Best thing to do is PM and he can give you an idea based on what you want for your spoons.  He is great to work with and very responsive.  Sorry I can't give you a better answer but out of respect for Nick I just don't want to qoute prices he may have to live up to or may be wrong an lose business.  I will say custom lures are not a way to get cheap lures, they are a way to bring proven spoons  or blanks back to fishing status.  I believe in NK's from my first go round in this sport and getting good NK blanks in modern patterns was a big deal for me. I am willing to get the custom treatment for them.

Edited by pvelyk

Based on my experience I think pretty much most every spoon would fit into that range.  But don't hold nick responsible if I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, Little Crappie said:

Is nick a member on LOU? Just looking for a contact to have old spoons and lures re-painted. Seems like some quality stuff, something to get me past winter lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I believe his username is hybridlures.  He has a website hybridlures.simdif.com 

There should be plenty of NK's for sale at the Genesee Charter Boat Association sale this coming Sunday at Point Pleasant fire hall. I know I'll have a bunch to pass on to others. This is not a junk sale by any means, with  some Capt.'s going out of business, great deals can be had. The hall is on Ewer Street right off Rt.590 N just before Sea Breeze. Your back will need a break anyway after all this lovely #@$^& we are getting. Support the associations, it makes for a better fishery for all. See you there.

2 hours ago, Get-A-Way said:

There should be plenty of NK's for sale at the Genesee Charter Boat Association sale this coming Sunday at Point Pleasant fire hall. I know I'll have a bunch to pass on to others. This is not a junk sale by any means, with  some Capt.'s going out of business, great deals can be had. The hall is on Ewer Street right off Rt.590 N just before Sea Breeze. Your back will need a break anyway after all this lovely #@$^& we are getting. Support the associations, it makes for a better fishery for all. See you there.

If anyone happens to see silver 28 and mag NKs with green dots at the Association sale  and can send me a picture at 6093068639, I will gladly reimburse you with a nice finders fee.  Unfortunately, I live in NJ.  I need at least a dozen of them.  It is the NK 28 GLGD  (Glow Green Dot)

Thanks, Mark

Edited by markdaniel