June 10th Chautauqua, Chapter 69 tourney

Trying to get this started now so we can all plan ahead for once.

This is by far my favorite tourney of the year and I want to promote it as such. I have invited our neighbors from other clubs to come up and fish with us like the old tourneys and want a good turn out unlike the last few years.

Have already made plans to have Mike Sperry help us out which is wonderful, nice to have the local support we need and no better person imo to help us as for years he has supported us! After the tournament, we will have our get together at Chautauqua Reel Outdoors with food being served.

We will have an informal get together Friday night b4 the actual event at Chautauqua Reel Outdoors in Lakewood to Bullsh#t about fishing and if we are able to get a decent turnout, Guide Mike Sperry is willing to give a presentation on what's working currently and the best ways to approach the fishery which is awesome bc of his outstanding local knowledge and is more than we could ever ask for.

Entry forms will be at his shop before the tourney so please stop in if Ur able to. I will purchase some sorta button for the tourney day and those will be given out the night b4 the tourney or in the morning b4 the event starts Saturday.

We will decide on the 3 fish rule at the next meeting and I will make it public online also as I want the communities support and I will listen to everyone who has an opinion.

Can't wait, still lots to get ready but I'm starting now- let's make this the best one in years! We have plans to give back to the hatchery but I need contact with them b4 I can say what goes where but we have to give back, no choice- we will decide as a community.

Please share your thoughts or concerns to make this as enjoyable as possible, thx for ready this long a$$ post!

PS. I want a bomb raffle table also and I know we all have too much sh!t so please think about maybe tossing something down for the cause, I do!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Any ideas on what we r missing or what could turn this event into an even better one is greatly appreciated !

This will be our first "team tournament " with a max of 6 rods per boat no matter of the number of people on board as long as everyone is registered, this I am changing. It's also a cash tournament and I don't want any fishing b4 the actual tournament starts.

We need a start and end time that is fair for the people traveling. I am thinking a 5pm end time, thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to strongly agree. My children are very young so they would just be going for the experience and fun. I would like to plan on having them involved next summer on every event I finally attend because they will be old enough by then. It is all about the next generation and expanding the organization for years to come [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I agree, the next generation is why we do all this isnt it? Thanks for the support, I'll run it by the club next chance I get.

I also want a kids only raffle table where each n every kid gets a ticket n an item to bring home and we are working on getting some rod n reel combos for the kiddies behind the scenes currently.

I'll also be serving ice cream for all the kids (and the not so kids like myself) after each tournament. Happy to do so!

I agree, the next generation is why we do all this isnt it? Thanks for the support, I'll run it by the club next chance I get.
I also want a kids only raffle table where each n every kid gets a ticket n an item to bring home and we are working on getting some rod n reel combos for the kiddies behind the scenes currently.

I'll also be serving ice cream for all the kids (and the not so kids like myself) after each tournament. Happy to do so!

I'll be hitting up the ice cream stand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

For those of you with young kids . . . great idea.  For the rest of us, I can only speak for myself. . . not something I'm looking forward to or would spend my weekend doing.  Guess I'll be fishing alone, someplace else.  

As for doing "this for the next generation". . . it's a nice thought but that's not why I fish.  I fish because I enjoy fishing.  My son plays music because he enjoys music.  If we can pass it on to the next generation, then that's all well and good.  

Realize this: You have just changed the format of this particular tournament & every other tournament into a family day followed up with an ice cream social.

I strongly encourage you to have such an event and I really do like the fact that you're trying to find ways to make these events better for everyone.  Keep it up!  For me, I'm not up for spending time with someone else's kids - even if they are the best kids in the world.  If the club chooses to go this route, that's fine with me I just want to add my point of view  so you can make an informed decision.  Now for s_ _t storm heading my way