Going to Clayton!

I am leaving in a few hours for Clayton I will be there until Friday so if your up there give me a Yell on the radio I monitor channel 9, 16, 68 & 72 but I think they use the 72 for the shipping lane ship to ship so it is best to stay off that one! Good Luck and tight lines!!

Hey Gene, I gave you a holler Saturday and Sunday a few times, but the closest I made it to Clayton was Swiftwater around Picton island, so maybe we were out of reach. Only remarkable catch i had was a 6lb smallie, 17.5". No pike to be seen, not even when we stopped trolling and jigged for perch. There were a few guys filleting a nice catch of Walleye when we got to the dock with our bucket of perch though. They said the caught them up in the Canadian Channel near Grindstone.

Sin Dale

Sorry I did not here you we fished the west end of eel bay, picton channel, near big round and we even ran down to cape vincent a couple of times. Here is how it went I will post some pics when I get time.

Sat no fishing

Sun 4 hrs of fishing went 8 for 12 on pike from 20 to 30" Green NBK with a 4oz trolling weight with 30 lb power pro sent out 110' to 180' back in 20 to 35 FOW. The second best spoon was a black and white spoon with a silver back and a red eye. We did this all week.

Mon 6 hrs of fishing 10 for 14 all pike

Tues sleep in, family boating, 2 hrs family fishing 1 pole in the water 2 for 4 pike

Wed the wind blew out of the NE and the fishing sucked 1 for 6 all pike

Thursday 5 hrs 8 for 11 all pike

Friday no fishing sleep in went golfing and recovered from a crown royal hang over.

I could not get any big pike to hit meaning over 30" but we had spots if we wanted to we could have caught small pike 20-24" all day long when ever it was cloudy! But we spent a lot of time working deeper water with larger marks and up to 8 oz trolling weights but could not get them to hit.

A real high note was my 13 yr old nephew caught a 4lb 10oz large mouth off the dock it was a real hog!! My 8 year old son also reeled in his first 2 pike and he was very excited.

The weather was good and we all had a great time we might try and do 2 weeks together next year if a cottage opens up.

Also we did try trolling big stick baits and deep divers with no luck and we did not put in any time for sm or perch but some people were drifting near round island and bringing in some real nice stringers of perch 8-12" and a couple of sm that where 2-3 lbs.

Sounds like a great week. I'll have to try that area next year. That spot next to round island near the shoal marker is hot for perch! We had 30+ days everytime we fished there 2 weeks ago, most in the 10-12 range with a few 14s.