Other WATKINS GLEN SHOW, Who's Going???

51 minutes ago, jk1 said:

We all stand it the cold but once several years ago it was cold , real cold and windy and we got in early

If it's anything like it was at Brewerton yeeeeeoowww l had 6 degree's and 30-45mph winds, that was a tad chilly. I had the heater on my expedition full blast from the time we left 6:00am -6* to +6 till we got there three hrs later, well actually 4hrs due to the mini snow storms and idiots driving 70+ then a 1/4 mile later traffic is near a stand still while Joe A Hole climbs out of his/her wrinkled up shyt wreck  :doh:

Can someone from the area up there fill me in on the weather forecast for Sunday!! There calling for 36* and freezing rain in the higher elevations, so what's it going to be up there buy Watkins Glen area??  Thanks guys!!

Thanks guys see ya there!! 3.5hrs ride for me. I wouldn't think twice with snow, but ice count me out!! Plus my daughters want to come also. Thanks again men!! Much appreciated!!!  PAP.

On March 22, 2017 at 8:39 AM, DJ 717 said:

I am hoping to go. I will probably stand out. I will have either 1 or both five year olds twins with me!

DJ, bring your girls as my twins want to go also their 12 so maybe the girls could meet each other. My girls get along with anyone. Hope to see ya there!! PAP? Aka Mike

1st time at the show...was great for being in such a small building. When I pulled up I was skeptical but once I got it I was very impressed. Says alot about the organizers of this show. Will be a regular if show continues. Made out with some great stuff and alot of great info from the vendors. Can't wait for the season to start and get on the water.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well just got home, left this morning at 6:00am, boy did I under estimate the time, got there 10:30am boy O boy am I glad I went took my daughters, would like to say thank you to Great Lakes Lures, great man and wife team with a generous purchase!! Next I met Harvey O Harra, again great guy will be doing Buisness with this man, got me some kick ass sinkers for Browns and the kids are still talking about the butterfingers cups!! LOL saw Iron Duke but he was doing Buisness and I didn't want to interrupt his sale, but I wanted that Chicken Wing colored fly, but got caught up in the talking and forgot. I really was hoping R & R spoons were there and boy were they ever, I really wanted to see these rocker spoon, yes I was impressed to say the least, and I want to say thanks for the very generous gifts!!! I will put them to use!! Trust Me. Thanks to all, for you generosity towards my girls and me. Best of luck to all both venders and fishermen. I also got to see a lot of the back roads and woods plus streams I hear mentioned during the year. Pap. Oh I almost for got I found this guy selling the real deal Sutton's 44,88, either 34's or 22's so many spoons and numbers running through my head!! YIKES! I'm beat I got 1 1/2hrs of sleep, trying to get directions from map quest, Google WTF nobody knows  where the community center is opps we can't locate your destination. Finally I zoomed in on the place and clicked on the park, well I'll be dipped in shyt we have a winner. So I printed that out and north bound we went!!:lol:

Edited by pap

I just wanted to take a second to thank everybody that turned out and supported the annual Finger Lakes Trolling Associations Fisherman's flea market today.. I haven't heard final results but I believe it was a record turnout great crowd throughout the morning lots of people buying and getting pretty good deals and thank you for everyone that turned out at my booth at Iron Duke Trolling Flies and thank you for all of your support you have no idea how much it means to me. I'm very small company competing with quite a few other larger fly companies and when you guys stop by and tell me that the Flies are working great for you it means the world to me.. I can't thank you enough for all the support..You guys and gals are a great bunch and I appreciate talking and meeting each one of you, now let's get this season started good luck to all of you and see you on the Lakes

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great event today, with lots  of good bargains and fair prices on most stuff from what I saw. It was the first time my son has accompanied me so it was special in that regard as well. We both found a lot of items of interest although I did regret buying the 4 40 oz Seth Green weights so early and then carryng them around for hours but they were hard to pass up......kinda like lifting weights all day:lol:  It was really a lot of fun and I was glad to finally meet in person many LOU members and be able to chat first hand. We truly do have a great bunch of people on this website and we were well represented there. It was also gratifying to see the many vendors there and especially my buddies at Great Lakes Lures, Iron Duke Flies, Fishy Business and the other LOU folks selling there. I do think if this thing gets any bigger more space will be needed as there were a lot of folks there but I also noted that the line outside moved very quickly this year. To those of you that didn't happen to catch itor weren't able to you missed a heck of a show. Heres pics from right before we left when things had thinned out enough to even get a pic...

watkinsflea.jpg

watkinsflea2.jpg

watkkinsflea3.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Yes, I have to agree this event was well attended.  It got warm inside real quick.

I am glad I got to meet Sk8man in person.  I read a lot of his posts on here (one of many with much information to share).  Thanks Les!  The item I walked around with the longest were the 40 oz Seth Green weights I purchased as well.

I also ran into Frogger who I am sure was shopping for more stuff we all "need".

Fishy was busy, but it was good to spend two minutes with someone who will go out of his way to help anyone get setup with what they need (as I am sure most of the vendors at the flea market would do).

I hope to see this event needing more space to expand.  Definitely like fishing the streams on opening day or when the fish come in to spawn in the fall (shoulder to shoulder).

Once again, well worth going.

I agree with all of you that the show is very well attended and very well organized. Its also a great opportunity to get out and put faces to names and meet with folks we only otherwise speak to here on LOU. It was nice to meet Pap, and have the opportunity to see Les and all the other regulars who come to visit us and support us every year. Thank you!

I would also like to thank all of you for coming out and supporting Great Lakes Lures and all the other fine vendors at this show as well as the Finger Lakes Trollers Association. Its nice to be a part of a great organization and some very good people. I believe Iron Duke summed it up quite well, and ditto what he said.

Thanks again to all! Good luck and tight lines in 2017!

Sent from my VK410 using Lake Ontario United mobile app