FAMILIAR BITE

Mark;

The Rochester Gander Mountain has no FAMILIAR BITE, must be herring. They aren't currently interested in frozen bait since the bait you saw sat for quite some time. Some of the Ganders are starting to order FAMILIAR BITE but it's the managers call.

Here's a shop out of Rochester that came recommended by our Pro-Staff Capt. Ken Biemiller (Off the Hook Charters)

http://www.othfishing.com/index.shtml

S & R Bait and Tackle

Ron Gatz

4423 Culver Rd.

Rochester NY 14622

585-323-1182

[email protected]

also;

Narbys Superette

1292 Oak Orchard Rd.

Kent NY 14477

585-682-4624

[email protected]

Hope this helps,

Fish Pistol

Salmonite;

Narby's will have our RIGGED and U-RIG FAMILIAR BITE Bait Heads by tommorow afternoon. We appreciate your patience and plan to have NY stocked as fast as we are able. Soon, FAMILIAR BITE "Triple Tango" Daisy Chains will be available on our site. We will be filming an instructional HOW TO VIDEO and offer a HOW TO MANUAL for your viewing at shops selling our products or e-mail us and we will be glad to send one out in PDF.

There's not a better designed baithead to match our FAMILIAR BITE alewives than ours. This is a whole alewife trolling system that may -at first- require patience and adjustments but is certainly worth the effort for catching the "BIG ONES"

As you may know; Todd & Carrie Choate (another of our Pro-Staff) won the Summer LOC with a 31.14lb King and here's another 31lb King recently caught aboard BUC-A_ROO Charters (one of our Pro-Staff) out of the Oak . http://www.bucaroocharters.com/

aV1mlmyS.jpg

Sincerely,

Walter Thompson

A.K.A. FISH PISTOL

I've had good luck with it as well.

Walt, one question.

what is the standard/stock leader length of the daisy chain setup? I had a bite off (must have been a knick in the leader) right in front of the head a while back. I didn't lose the 3 flies so I rerigged another setup using the flies and another chart bait head, but since then the bite on it seems to have dropped off quite a bit.

I wonder if it might be a length thing. I know with the old cut bait setups, leader length was important when targeting the big boys vs numbers of fish.

Thanks,

Tim

Ran it today off Braddocks Bay...Bait held up great did not fall apart like that other stuff. Very happy on my first try of it.

Mark

Mark;

Very rearly will they not hold up and NO BRINING NEEDED (Fresh is Best!) The herring I've tested all needs brining whether cut or whole and some of it disinigrates even after brining - go figure.

At first most anglers over shoot the proper curve (arc) in bait for proper roll and they spin like a top - causing them to explode - like being in a blender. Your looking for a 1 to 2 cadence per second or a steady spiral roll. Too slow will produce a delayed rolling effect and to fast will be like a tail spin, just right gives a continual smooth spiral. Sounds like you got them rolling right, I'm really happy to hear your satified. We were out yesterday and let me say BIG Steelhead LOVE them too! I see several guys have an interest in our "Triple Tango" (Daisy Chains) and Narby's will have them by wednesday, if you care to check them out. See reply to FishStix for Daisy Chain tie measurements if you wish to tie your own..

Attached HOW TO RIG; poor picture quality but if you click again on the full sized image (after opening) it clears even more.

Again thanks for your patience as we slowly release product. We should be locked and loaded for your FALL LOC DERBY!

A.K.A. FISH PISTOL

aV1rybCJ.jpg

We are within six inches of perfecting the lead length for the eight inch flasher!! Some days it varies by that much!! We are also experimenting with the two fly rig lengths for the eight inch flasher and getting them close!! Thanks Familiar bite pro staffer Todd Choate "LITL BIT CRAZ" Home port Olcott NY

We are within six inches of perfecting the lead length for the eight inch flasher!! Some days it varies by that much!! We are also experimenting with the two fly rig lengths for the eight inch flasher and getting them close!! Thanks Familiar bite pro staffer Todd Choate "LITL BIT CRAZ" Home port Olcott NY

The WAR "TRIPLE TANGO" is rigged for our 13" WHIP FLASHER, We plan to have a WAR "DOUBLE TANGO" for our 2009, 8" LiL WHIP FLASHER, we are in testing now for final "DOUBLE TANGO" rigged length.

A.K.A. FISH PISTOL

ChromeSlayer;

Each years harvest cycles different size baits. The Red labels are (5" to 6") and the Green Label (6" to 7"). Good News is, this years harvest has produced large - thick bodied Red Labels (averaging 6") and thick, Yummy!

New York (Lake Ontario) Tackle shops and some of the Gander Mountains will be getting this years harvest shipments starting this week 8/5/08, along with our rigged FAMILIAR BITE baitheads. I've created a dealer list for NY Lake Ontario Anglers (scroll down):

Henchen Marina & Fishing Camp

13442 Rt 123

Henderson Harbor NY 13651

315-938-5313

[email protected]

All Seasons Sports

3733 State Rt 13

Pulaski NY 13142

315-298-6433

[email protected]

Jon's Little Salmon Bait & Tackle

221 State Route 104B

Mexico NY 13114

315-963-7800

[email protected]

St.Peter's Outfitters

3 Basin Street

Oswego, NY 13126

315-345-6683

[email protected]

Screwy Louie's

596 Main St.

Fairhaven NY 13064

315 947-6348

[email protected]

Sodus Point Bait & Tackle

8538 Greig St.

Sodus Point NY 14555

315-483-2183

[email protected]

S & R Bait and Tackle

Ron Gatz

4423 Culver Rd.

Rochester NY 14622

585-323-1182

[email protected]

Narbys Superette

1292 Oak Orchard Rd.

Kent NY 14477

585-682-4624

[email protected]

Good Luck to those fishing this 2008 FALL LOC DERBY!

FAMILIAR BITE WON the 2008 "GRAND PRIZE" Summer LOC Derby! http://www.loc.org/derby/leaderboard/index.asp

Another tip on the whole herring rig. I twist on a small piece of monel wire onto the eye of the treble. After inserting the treble, I wrap the wire around the body of the bait then continuing around the shank of the treble and end it with a twist onto itself. The idea is to keep the treble from slipping out, and maintain the proper angle of the hook.

• 2 years later...