Pennsylvania Boat registration transfer

Take every thing you have & it all notarized & NY will still find something wrong or missing , that's just what they do ! (pita)

24 minutes ago, skach1 said:

U need to have the title or bill of sale notorized . Make sure that you have separate boat and trailer bill of sale too

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just bought a boat in Pa. and registered it in NY last week.  All I needed was the registration from the previous owner , Pa has a transferable reg, no title. For tax purposes , I had the guy sign the NYS DMV form for sales tax , stating what he sold me the boat for and the signed DMV Boat registration form. and 20 min at dmv and out i walked with the new Registration. Now in NY the sales tax can be for boat and trailer, no longer need seperate forms.

Nys now only needs one bill of sale. New form. Bill of sale did not need notary. Totes had to be. Their signature had to be. I sent all paperwork back to the widow in PA she had her Signature 's notorized. If you look on the PA title the top section on back does not ask for you're signature just you're name as buyer and address. I did have bottom section notearized with my signature but NYS DMV said that wasn't needed. I just did all this so hope this helps