2017 Seneca Lake 333 Tournament

It was definitely a tough day. We fished from 100 to 30 with all of it being a terrible screen. We went 7-10 with most fish coming on the cores over 30-50 fow. We got lucky and finally found a few active fish late morning with a mixed bag of Lakers, rainbows and landlocks. Just glad we were able to get o e registered in the 333.20170513_163931.jpg Great day on the water regardless!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 hours ago, cdgn troller said:

It was definitely a tough day. We fished from 100 to 30 with all of it being a terrible screen. We went 7-10 with most fish coming on the cores over 30-50 fow. We got lucky and finally found a few active fish late morning with a mixed bag of Lakers, rainbows and landlocks. Just glad we were able to get o e registered in the 333.20170513_163931.jpg Great day on the water regardless!Go To Topic Listing Finger Lakes Discussion

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we seen you guys go by . you did much better than we did . i caught 1 small bow with a lamprey for the morning fish ,6 to 11 . i fished from my buddy boat  that was pulled out from its winter storage . had a couple minor problems but no big deal . we mark a lot of fish on big piles of bait but couldn't get them go . i think the derby going to be a long weekend also . at the ramp i got to watch a mink fool around                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               DSCN0075.thumb.JPG.ed9d4dce67fb43bdf13fd3f619b50cde.JPGDSCN0074.thumb.JPG.1beffc68a2f9cf5f585afc203167cb5a.JPGDSCN0076.thumb.JPG.168d68253ecb702399333baaa8c16743.JPGDSCN0081.thumb.JPG.e8a4326195d2ddffada3ffaaab1f06f3.JPGDSCN0080.thumb.JPG.55f4f3a8735bba8ebf0f3a264ec37bc7.JPG

Edited by fisherdude

We dialed in to the shallow bite, but gave it up too quickly. Looking for a big laker we should have stayed on task...

Nice fish were weighed in.. Gonna have to be on your game if you want to fish Seneca.. Good luck to all fishing the NLTD! Warmer weather will be a blessing.

Sent from my VK410 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I know this may be a different way of looking at the derby but this may be the derby that really sorts out the hardcore fishermen.... a real case study in perseverence. It could  be one to make folks start  "thinking out of the box". Sometimes when things don't come  easy they become more valued.  The conditions seemed very much like this back in the mid to late 1970's when it was 6-7 hrs between fish. The people that didn't give up during that period learned patience and fished using methods that were previously out of their comfort zone....just something to think about:lol: For some of us this is deja vu all over again:) One of the best parts of the derby is that some little kid with a Zebco fishing off a dock somewhere on the lake may catch the winner.....no matter how good you may be lady luck is still a factor out there as well as "timing".

Edited by Sk8man

4 hours ago, Sk8man said:

I know this may be a different way of looking at the derby but this may be the derby that really sorts out the hardcore fishermen.... a real case study in perseverence. It could  be one to make folks start  "thinking out of the box". Sometimes when things don't come  easy they become more valued.  The conditions seemed very much like this back in the mid to late 1970's when it was 6-7 hrs between fish. The people that didn't give up during that period learned patience and fished using methods that were previously out of their comfort zone....just something to think about:lol: For some of us this is deja vu all over again:) One of the best parts of the derby is that some little kid with a Zebco fishing off a dock somewhere on the lake may catch the winner.....no matter how good you may be lady luck is still a factor out there as well as "timing".

The days that are a blood bath, you learn nothing (other than holy crap fishing is exercise).  The days that are a grind, you learn from it. Those blood bath days are fun but they do not help improve you as a fishermen. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...