Making Waves

I've watched some different shows giving one a birds eye view of what goes on under the water and what man is doing to try to eradicate what invasive species that has just about taken over the lake. Due to greed and unbeknown to folks till it was to late. The Great Lakes are kind of like credit cards, it's so easy for someone to forge your name on a card but it takes your own money and lots of time to rid yourself of the card, sound familiar?? Was so easy to let that ship into the lake, with zebra mussels and gobys, but our money and time to try to keep it at a minimum. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid. I feel if you can put a man on the moon in the late 60's then man had to have known about the Caspian Sea?? 

In one of the segments they spoke of the value of the GL ship commerce, and the amount of money spent on invasive control efforts..... and I don't remember the exact numbers but I think the estimate was that GL communities annually spend in the vicinity of 4x the value of the commerce......... that surprised me.