Before Shasta Lake

stan

Holy jeepers Stan! You mean the Mexican border was once way up there! Now you got salmon fishing! Now see Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas could have salmon too!
How long ago were those photos taken? Is that lake actually reservoir for city or agricultural use? Thanks Stan!

cent frum my notso smartphone

Mark

These taken Aug 2016 during what they called peak of the drought , They road is the old Hwy 99 that is now interstate 5, some 5 miles east of these pictures . This is the Sacramento arm of the lake which is 365 miles shore line when full 

Intresting photos! Kind of like the reservoirs in the Catskill Mountains where I'm originally from. The city bought huge tracts of land in the mountains and created municipal water reservoirs where there once was roads and towns. Now all under water. There is some great trout fishing in those reservoirs but you need special permits and if you have a boat it had to stay there on shore. No gas motors either. The city has their own police stations there and vigorous patrol is always present. How are your kings doing lately, did the low levels hurt them at all? Since they are landlocked do they have any natural reproduction?

cent frum my notso smartphone