Shore fishing in Aruba?

https://www.driftwoodaruba.com/
We went out on the charter and brought back fish then it was prepared for us at the restaurant. I'd highly recommend it and if you catch a tuna have it prepared saviche style, best meal I have ever had!
As far as shore fishing I saw a few small Bone fish but no one fishing.. snorkeling was fun take a bagel out with you and you will have hundreds of little buddies eating outta your hand.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My wife and I were booked for January 7th through 14th.   She became pregnant and we didnt dare go due to the ZIKA virus.   I bought trip insurance but  of course that wasnt covered, donation :shake:

So Day 1 found me down on the docks at first light to see what game was available.  Lots of bait but no blow-ups.  Tried some blind casting but no luck in the first hour.  Today, was a different story.  Slightly overcast conditions had predators blowing up bait at first light.  Yozuri Banana bait on top cast into frenzies took a Lady Fish and a Cuda.  Lost a couple of others.  As soon as you hooked one, the fish would disappear and all activity would cease.  Fun lasted an hour.  The Charter Captains waiting for their clients were cheering me on when I would hook up.  I think they were taking side bets LOL.  Updates to continue.

First try at an evening bite.  Took another Lady Fish and a few others that blew up my bait but eluded the hook.  Highlight of the evening was two blow-ups by 50 lb Tarpon 20' off the end of the dock on my Yozuri topwater bait (hooks didn't stick).  I have to clean my shorts now.

So today the bait left the docks and so have the predators.  Took a trip into town and went on a submarine tour under the sea.  For $100 or so, you get 1.5 hrs under the water viewing a reef community and 5 shipwrecks with a maximum depth of 150'.  Totally cool.  Great to get a perspective on how much light is down that deep. Amazing amount of fish in a living coral reef.  Highly recommend this excursion.

Fishing has slowed to a grinding halt.  Found a couple of areas where the beach is steep and tarpon will lay in 2' FOW in the first dip in the sand.  They will lay right in bait schools and occasionally come up and suck some bait down.  Extremely smart fish.  They will not hit my bait that is a perfect match to the small fish around.  The cudas are territorial.  After taking a couple near some buoys, they now got hip to my lures and just follow for awhile and peel off.  The offshore fishery is mostly cudas and wahoo.  Some giant wahoo come in each day off the charters.  Nothing fast or furious, mostly a couple per outing.  Some black fin tunas, some bonita.  I get the feeling from snorkeling and the submarine trip, there is an overfishing problem as there are not many predators around.  Hit the rock jetty this morning off the Hotel Phoenix but no takers.  Looking forward to coming home and hitting the shoreline for some real fishing on Lake O.  

List of items to bring for beach warfare would include:

Yuzuri Cristal minnow

Yuzuri Pin's minnow

Yuzuri 3D twitch bait

Yuzuri 3D pencil

Small casting net for bait

Medium action spinning gear for lure casting long distances

Medium/heavy bait cast gear for live bait

**didn't catch anything on casting spoons or jigs.