humminbird 859xd ci hd

15 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Will I have any issue on a 19.5 foot aluminum rig? Is the standard issue transducer going to be fine?

Unless you have existing holes you can use for transom mount transducer, I favor a transom mounting block. This way if any adjustments are made you can move it around easily on the plastic block. 

The only issue I could think of with that units stock transducer is the 83hrz MAY cause some interference with a Fish Hawk transducer. When I ran that model it was with the 50/200 Airmar.  That is a great price on that unit.  

33 minutes ago, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

Unless you have existing holes you can use for transom mount transducer, I favor a transom mounting block. This way if any adjustments are made you can move it around easily on the plastic block. 

The only issue I could think of with that units stock transducer is the 83hrz MAY cause some interference with a Fish Hawk transducer. When I ran that model it was with the 50/200 Airmar.  That is a great price on that unit.  

I do have a transom mount transducer right now and putting more holes in the boat doesn't seems good

I hope it does not mess with my fish hawk guess I will have to wait and see

I think it was a display model is my guess

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

I do have a transom mount transducer right now and putting more holes in the boat doesn't seems good

I hope it does not mess with my fish hawk guess I will have to wait and see

I think it was a display model is my guess

You could mount a transducer mounting block with 3m caulk without putting any holes in transom.