Swim Ladder

Adm Byrd

Swim Ladder

I built a 24" wide, 18" deep swim platform for the back of my 21' Penn Yan to aid in netting fish, carry the cooler and, oh yeah, climb back into the boat on those fishless summer trips. My question is in regards to quality of telescoping below deck swim ladders such as you see on Ebay, they all look to be about the same quality. Does anybody have any personal experience with mounting and using them? Is there any quality there and are some of the expensive ones marine suppliers sell any better?  Thanks in advance and before Les pounces on this most of my fishless days are under his tutelage.

:lol: yes those bananas I place in your bilge do wonders

Get a telescoping  stainless steel ladder like mine Bob if you can find one....never any concerns or problems

I would recommend at least three steps. My ladder has two and we find it difficult to get back into the boat, Another step would help a lot. I will upgrade at some point.

Where are you guys finding these ladders?? Please help I have the same problem!!, the ladder I have on my Sea Ray was to short for me so I put that ladder on my other boat I use for around home. Have no ladder for my LakeO boat I carry a 6' step ladder, get a lot of looks but it's the easiest way for me until my boat in the water!! 

5 minutes ago, Adm Byrd said:

Holy shyt that's exactly what I need!! It looks to slide together and stow away up under the swim platform. Thanks a lot Adm Byrd. Best part this is something my wife will agree to :lol: Thanks again!!