First one of 2017

Got out today for the first time this year. It was a beautiful day in OH. Fishing was very slow all day until the minor. Then we got 2 and lost another in about 30 minutes. Water temps ranged from 46 to 48 for the most part. Saw as high as 51. Good luck to everyone this season. Time to get em.

IMG_1490488320.123894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks guys. I guess I'm rubbing it in a little since NY isn't open yet. Come on over. Out of state OH license is only $40. PA is open too. We got one more muskie today. Successful first weekend. Everything worked, didn't break anything, and only lost 1 bait to a snag.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1970 to 1975 I went to school at the Devry school on Alum Creek Dr. in Columbus. That was way before I got into muskies and there probably wasn't any muskies in Ohio then either. But I understand there are muskies in Alum Creek now. Ohio price for non resident is better than PA and NY.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm taking my son to Mille Lacs lake in Minnesota the 3rd week of July for a few days of musky fishy. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's great. Mille Lacs has some giants. Are you familiar with the lake? The way I understand it...was stocked with muskies and exploded with 50"+ fish like alot of other MN lakes several years back. Now that stocking has stopped and the lake relies on natural reproduction, it is a pretty low density fishery. Thats good for giants though. They still get 50 pounders there every fall. Are you fishing with a guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app