Best spoon box????

It makes a huge mess, but you'll always take a shot when it happens. Maybe the fish like the sound of 200 spoons hitting the deck, or maybe it's my colorful language. Hehe

Joking aside, I like my special mate box for how easy it is to organize and how it presents the spoons. Just be sure to keep it right side up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Homemade.  Can hold about 250 spoons in this 14 x 11 locking case.  Once the top is on, the spoons will not move or come out of their individual slot, even if it somehow ends upside down.

Box.thumb.JPG.92ca605a2bbd867a484e529d67d4633e.JPG   58d9f1571ffa5_Boxopen.thumb.JPG.0a5e4f11c7970f062df7e500e6bc9197.JPG58d9f59287f5a_Box2.thumb.JPG.612b5b908f2411d920a1af9add387424.JPG

Edited by tds840

13 hours ago, tds840 said:

Homemade.  Can hold about 250 spoons in this 14 x 11 locking case.  Once the top is on, the spoons will not move or come out of their individual slot, even if it somehow ends upside down.

Box.thumb.JPG.92ca605a2bbd867a484e529d67d4633e.JPG   58d9f1571ffa5_Boxopen.thumb.JPG.0a5e4f11c7970f062df7e500e6bc9197.JPG58d9f59287f5a_Box2.thumb.JPG.612b5b908f2411d920a1af9add387424.JPG

Where did you find the makings for your spoon box??

The homemade spoon box is a 14 x 11 and 5” deep (8.1 L) case called a “Really Useful Box” which I purchased at Office Max for about $12.00.  They have several different sizes and depths on their website too.  The box on my post will hold any brand (NK, Michigan Stinger, Moonshine, etc.…) 4” or less.  If you want it to hold your Mag spoons, I suggest you buy a deeper case which they do sell.  As for the inside, I went to the orange big-box store and purchased a 4 x 2 sheet of Plaskolite fluorescent light cover for about 15.00. (Some call them an egg crate light cover). Measured the inside of the case I had and then very easily cut the egg crate to size with just a hack-saw blade but a jigsaw may work well too.  Mine after cutting had 18 x 14 holes giving you 252 spaces for spoons.  I cut 6 of these the same size and then just placed a few drops of glue randomly on each tray and stacked them together.  Let the glue dry, toss into your case, and load up all your spoons.  The initial cost was about $27.00 but if you do more than one box, you will not need to purchase another sheet of the plastic light cover because you would probably get another 2-3 cases made from this one sheet.  So the next few boxes would only cost you $12.00, the purchase of the “Really Useful Box” case or whatever case you decide to use.  I will post a picture of the tray material and a better view of the trays completed so you can get a better idea of what they look like.  Good Luck.  I hope you can post a picture of your own if you decide to make one, they are not that hard to do and I’d like to see them. - Tom

58daf2bbc5a13_TrayPic.thumb.JPG.da55e0e972bf5b33db17ffd4fa351cd7.JPG58daf2973fe9c_TrayMaterial.thumb.JPG.295570b915c21d2f45ba94827354bc5c.JPG

Edited by tds840

Thank you very much I will definitely give you a look at my finished spoon holder.  I want you to know that was very thoughtful of you and I'm sure you will get a lot more  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  !!!!!'!   Your a life saver or better yet $$$$ saver.

1 hour ago, tds840 said:

The homemade spoon box is a 14 x 11 and 5” deep (8.1 L) case called a “Really Useful Box” which I purchased at Office Max for about $12.00.  They have several different sizes and depths on their website too.  The box on my post will hold any brand (NK, Michigan Stinger, Moonshine, etc.…) 4” or less.  If you want it to hold your Mag spoons, I suggest you buy a deeper case which they do sell.  As for the inside, I went to the orange big-box store and purchased a 4 x 2 sheet of Plaskolite fluorescent light cover for about 15.00. (Some call them an egg crate light cover). Measured the inside of the case I had and then very easily cut the egg crate to size with just a hack-saw blade but a jigsaw may work well too.  Mine after cutting had 18 x 14 holes giving you 252 spaces for spoons.  I cut 6 of these the same size and then just placed a few drops of glue randomly on each tray and stacked them together.  Let the glue dry, toss into your case, and load up all your spoons.  The initial cost was about $27.00 but if you do more than one box, you will not need to purchase another sheet of the plastic light cover because you would probably get another 2-3 cases made from this one sheet.  So the next few boxes would only cost you $12.00, the purchase of the “Really Useful Box” case or whatever case you decide to use.  I will post a picture of the tray material and a better view of the trays completed so you can get a better idea of what they look like.  Good Luck.  I hope you can post a picture of your own if you decide to make one, they are not that hard to do and I’d like to see them. - Tom

58daf2973fe9c_TrayMaterial.thumb.JPG.295570b915c21d2f45ba94827354bc5c.JPG  58daf2bbc5a13_TrayPic.thumb.JPG.da55e0e972bf5b33db17ffd4fa351cd7.JPG

Nice job!  Thanks for the instructions!

tds840
That idea you have is very similar to the one I made last year! It is an awesome money safer and great idea. I used the same light cover material but used a different box. I think I used one from wally-world that eased about the same size as your 14x11 from office max. Thanks for sharing your instructions with great detail.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

bobby416n - Nice !  The stuff is pretty easy to work with and inexpensive.  I also made one up to hold my 8" Spin Doctors and Flashers and the size case I used allowed me cutout room for an area to hold all my flies which I have in separate tubes.  It doesn't hold as many as the store bought holders but does the trick.  Keeps them organized, dry, and away from getting tangled with everything else. 

3 hours ago, tds840 said:

bobby416n - Nice !  The stuff is pretty easy to work with and inexpensive.  I also made one up to hold my 8" Spin Doctors and Flashers and the size case I used allowed me cutout room for an area to hold all my flies which I have in separate tubes.  It doesn't hold as many as the store bought holders but does the trick.  Keeps them organized, dry, and away from getting tangled with everything else. 

3 hours ago, tds840 said:

I was thinking about making 2 one with the double gridding and 1 with just 1 of the gridding for walleye spoons most measure 2 3/8" what's your thought on this idea??