Best spoon box????

That's basically what this is other than the grating holds the tops and the foam below holds the spoon ridged in the slot, every slot filled will holds 265 spoons, a little running around and $35.00 later, I'm very happy with it. You can turn it upside down all spoons stay in place

On March 31, 2017 at 11:40 AM, pap said:

Thats exactly my thoughts also, especially with a single row of those grates for 2 3/8 eye spoons!! 

ERRABIT, I just pushed them into the foam and they stick, my  stinger size spoons I'll use two pieces of foam on to of them to travel. Then the won't fall out, and if it stays flat that won't happen either.

• 9 months later...

Here’s the post I was trying to bring up for ya, it’s a good way of storing your spoons. I made 2 of them 1 for my smaller spoons and one for the larger size spoons.

2 hours ago, Fishnut said:

this is a great thread. I know what im doing this weekend..  spoon box building!!!   thanks guys for all the ideas.. :) 

It really works great bud, 39A0C96C-B028-468D-8400-5543A05D83BE.thumb.jpeg.7440c45b7f266bf744ebfad75ad006f5.jpegE014861A-8D94-4E01-91FB-171B84CEF654.thumb.jpeg.e47ac5e916af94de82dd5c2c6b49c836.jpegI made 2 I have one I can grab easy to show ya. It fits all but R&R rockers seen laying on the table.

• Like 1

After 25 years of wasting money on every brand box and lure pad this is what I settled on. I hang it on the wall in my cabin of my boat. I used Velcro to hold the drawers closed. A small circle of Velcro holds them fine. I label the drawers so I know what's in there. Been using it for 2 years now and I'm quite happy with it. I also use one for all my ATOMMIK flys.

Total Chaos

409174.jpg

I keep all my overflow in 3 sizes of Special Mate boxes (spoons, cranks, spinner baits) and Plano 758 boxes go in the boat. I have one 758 for each species type that I fish. I wait for them to go on sale. I’ve tried just about everything and this combo works for me. IMG_7685.PNGIMG_7684.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
It makes a huge mess, but you'll always take a shot when it happens. Maybe the fish like the sound of 200 spoons hitting the deck, or maybe it's my colorful language. Hehe

Joking aside, I like my special mate box for how easy it is to organize and how it presents the spoons. Just be sure to keep it right side up.

Hahaha