Difficult to make quality torpedo weights without quality lead.

Xxx

I'll still buy Harvey's weights I think they're the best thing going. I've had people come to me with hundreds of pounds, his gripe to me was finding lead, good lead, but he didn't chime in to say he appreciates the fact that the guys could bury him in good lead, or anything at all, I took it upon myself to try and help the guy, and people came out of the woodwork to help. No reply from the maker of these great weights?? why bother?

I bought a set of 16lbs. torpedos from him. Great weights at a great price. I love the 16 pounders but my crew doesn't on the old manual riggers. I like harvey and being he is only 10 minutes from my house I would definitely buy from him again even if he was $10 more in price.

23 minutes ago, Chas0218 said:

I bought a set of 16lbs. torpedos from him. Great weights at a great price. I love the 16 pounders but my crew doesn't on the old manual riggers. I like harvey and being he is only 10 minutes from my house I would definitely buy from him again even if he was $10 more in price.

I agree Chase, I'm not knocking the guy, I think his weights are awesome, I also love my 16#ers, and his 12#ers really work great also, I used them last week 50ft foot down they stayed right aside the boat, we angled my ducer back to pick up our lures, being the weight held the rigger weight perfect we could see the fish streak up follow and drop back down, while my other unit kept us right in the 50 foot zone but on the 40ft contour line. That's how high the lake is.

• 3 weeks later...

Harveys not much of a computer guy, from what I gather... sucks and Hurts a bit to talk bad about someone who won't even see it..

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

I can offer an idea - I used to cast my own lead jig heads - always used bullet heads I pulled out of the dirt backstop at my local shooting range - if it's a short distance pistol range, there will be plenty of lead head bullets (not copper jacketed) to pick up ... plus you'll be doing the range a favor.   I bet he could fill a bucket or two in an hour - and it'd be FREE !    Might just take a phone call to a local shooting range to arrange a time when no one is using the range - can't imagine they'd turn anyone down for "remediating" their range of lead waste.  Just a thought ...  

Edited by Imbit