Boat insurance

stoneam2006

Check into Progressive boat insurance. They seem to be very good and more economical than say Travelers. I had a claim and they sent a guy out took a pic and couple days later had the check.

Edited by Sk8man

You are going to want to set your liability limits, any additional coverage for riggers etc, and establish the value of the boat. Work with the rep.

If you own a house, you may want to look at packaging house/cars/boat-that could save some money as well.   

MCF is right. I have coverage for the boat, coverage for contents and then medical coverage. Mine is all together with home and auto thru same carrier. Your insurance agent should be able to help you with this. 

Look up Bob at World Wide Marine. Just talk to him for 2 minutes you'll learn more about boat insurance than every insurance agent that carries home insurance ever thought they knew. DON'T just use your home insurance to cover it! Use a guy that knows why you need 25 rods because the water temps change!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been with Gallagher Charter lakes for quite a few years and I'm very happy with them. I've had a few  claims and they were a pleasure to deal with. Had to be towed about 7 miles off of L. Erie couple years ago when main and kicker both failed me. Tow  bill was approx 750.00. Submitted claim to Charter Lakes, they reimbursed me 100% no problem. Have not shopped insurance in while cause I'm a happy customer.

10 hours ago, whycanteye said:

Look up Bob at World Wide Marine. Just talk to him for 2 minutes you'll learn more about boat insurance than every insurance agent that carries home insurance ever thought they knew. DON'T just use your home insurance to cover it! Use a guy that knows why you need 25 rods because the water temps change!

x2 on Worldwide Marine.  Agreed value policies. Have not made a claim as of today.

Edited by Shorthanded

how about a # for bob at word wide marine, and can they do charter coverage?

On 3/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, whycanteye said: