Safe to eat?

I think Jim is right Mike. Very often when the slime layer is removed from a fishes skin a fungus attacks the area.. Pike and pickerel often regard the perch as bait. I once saw a pike with a huge perch in its mouth with the perch dorsal extended andthe pike couldn't swallow it and was frantically roaming around the surface with his head out of the water in about 9 ft of water trying to either swallow it or get rid of the perch....pretty funny sight. My son and I got a good laugh of of it.

Edited by Sk8man

15 minutes ago, FishingTheFL said:

Right where we fished last year of course Im land bound tho for a week at least. Haven't caught any since Saturday and the cooler is 3 weeks of fishing. Just add a few fish each day till I get enough for dinner and a bag to freezer. I usually hit it up twice a day.

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You must of ran into Joe? Haven't for got I owe you a trip haven't fished much yet and when I did it's on a whim.

Yeah Joe is pretty much the reason I started getting more then one a day. Haven't seen him in a while. Figure he is busy or he found a better bite.

Sk8 knows the spot. But personally unless you live 20 mins or less away, I wouldn't waste the gas money. Get skunked more often then not and I usually give it a shot when I get groceries. Two birds with one stone. Plus the girl friend can't get mad at me as much when I have to go get stuff

Lol you guys know I'm kidding. From one perch guy to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I know. Many guys don't get fish and move on quick. I've seen a few get mad they can't catch anything standing right next to me. All I can say is... Try new stuff... If they never seen it before, they tend to try it.