Cayuga 3/30

An absolute epic day for us on Cayuga. We launched out of Taughannock and fishing started slow with the air temps still in the 30's. Picked up a small salmon and then a keeper one as we messed around out in front of Taughannock and headed north. The screen looked really good outside the plume from Taughannock falls but fish were tight lipped. Continued North with pretty much a blank screen and we picked a few small Lakers off the mag dipsy with a gold n purple fly name?? Early riser maybe... Decided to check out around Milliken and there were lots of fish hugging bottom in 110-135'. These fish were willing ready n hungry and we ended up landing about a half dozen nice Lakers in that area. Headed back south the rigger I had set at 135' down hit and took drag! My buddy Dave took hold and pulled in the biggest Cayuga Laker my boat has ever seen. Officially 12.34 lbs on my digital scale. After photos she was revived and kicked hard going back to her deep bait pods. The spin doctor was a custom painted Bellis special and the fly was an ironduke UV wild child. As a bonus near the mouth of Taughannock we picked a nice brown on a Warrior spoon. IMG_20170330_143012071_HDR.thumb.jpg.ae31a26e69cbd34c07b1263fbfab8f97.jpgIMG_20170330_151456296_HDR.thumb.jpg.697f142b213c0f71bc2635c166ab57ca.jpgIMG_20170330_132338269_HDR.thumb.jpg.4a05aef5e6036abca7e3bd0e6f6e4ca5.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Man that's fantastic guys!! What a slob laker and kudo's to you on the return to the lake, would of liked to see the brownie!! They are sweet looking, next to the LL that fish is the most beautiful looking fish!! (To me) I'll still take a walleye but not in appearance!! Way to guys, was that dad holding the laker?? If so he sure has one hell of a smile!! Way to put it to em guys!!  PAP. :yes::beer:

Awesome job John !! Way to stick with it after tough fishing at first.. For those of you that don't know The UV WILD CHILD FLY this fish came on is named after John because of how well he did with it last year and looks like he's starting off strong again this year Congrats.. Awesome looking Custom Spin Doctor too from Bellis Tackle too, I think the Flies and those paddles are gonna be huge producers this year.. I don't belive Bellis Tackle has Custom Spinny's listed on there new website yet but definitely check out there new custom trolling spoons they are unbelievable in quality.. www.bellistackle.com

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys! Looking forward to a great year. Cayuga certainly looks like it will produce some great fish again this year! Mike not sure why but that gold fly seems to be hot in the cooler, dirty water.
Sorry didn't grab a pic of brown.. [emoji226]

On 3/31/2017 at 9:20 AM, Nautitroller said:

Ed the water level was up on Cayuga, what happened to your lift situation, did you have to move it? Excavate??

Last year the canal system maintained Cayuga and Oneida water level at summer pooling , by dropping every lake west of them. It got so bad I had to motor off my boat lift and pulled my boat out almost a month early. That said I'm having the "NEW" boat lift re-done so I can use most of the water below the hoist where the design now I lose 12" to 16" of water which is fine at normal summer pooling level and even a bit below that.