E CHIP ADD ON'S????

Xxx

E CHIP ADD ON'S????

I'm sitting here making up some of my MINION flys and I was thinking Yep every once in a while that 1 cell I have left wakes up!!, but why doesn't anyone add a E Chip to a fly?? ProTroll makes add on's I looked it up on their site. According to them they make a pack that has all the goodies to fasten a chip. Does the fly not move around enough? According to pro troll a little ball rolls back and forth to create a little charge in the water that Imamate a wounded fish, or did I just open a can of worms?? Interested to hear your thoughts before I go any further?? Now I'll tie up some worm harnesses LOL

Edited by pap

15 minutes ago, Paul Czarnecki said:

I believe there are fly manufacturers putting echips in flies.
The problem is the lack of available "echip chargers". I found an app for my phone that charges my echips and keeps them working.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Your kidding me right?? I never saw a place to charge them. Ok now have fun with me, yes I bit LOL

I've been adding those brass rattle tubes that bass fishermen use to the base ( fly end) of my dodgers for years. Does it help catch more fish? I don't know but it makes me feel better.:$

Sorta like putting wiggly eyes on my flies....:smirk:5-17-14b.thumb.jpg.65810fccef7a03cd36070be1dee055fd.jpg

Yup!!  Yesterday I was looking up for the better part of the day, never did see the planet earth we live on?? They say it's round so maybe I fell off?? hhmm?:thinking:

2 hours ago, fisherdude said:

Pap A-Tom-Mick manufacturing  wed site has e chip harnesses for sale , so couldn't see why you cant do the pro troll thing you found  

Yea that's where I got the idea, they have one on a hook, there not that bad in price. I'm going to add some and take notes which gets bit more.

2 hours ago, pap said:

Yea that's where I got the idea, they have one on a hook, there not that bad in price. I'm going to add some and take notes which gets bit more.

i emailed  pro troll to get the e chip to replace the e chip in the 8 inch flasher . they sent me 6 of them so i had extras . i then put a e chip in side a cut bait head . looks like wounded bait and puts out the wounded pulse ....

Hey that's company service!! I'm going to get a few see what happens. Did they say anything about going bad??

Edited by pap

12 minutes ago, pap said:

Hey that's company service!! I'm going to get a few see what happens. Did they say anything about going bad??

no they don't go bad but the instructions pro sent with e chips said not to get contact cement on ends need to be free of grim for them to work 

I have used pro troll flashers for years . Do they make a difference ? Very hard to tell . I've caught fish using them and not using them . The piezo electric ceramic ball that is inside the metal tube emits a small electric discharge when it strikes the end of the tube . They don't wear out , but if you drop them they may take on water . If they  rattle when you shake them , they are working .

I started running an echip on my gopro housing clipped above my rigger ball because I felt like the proximity of the bait to the camera might be spooking fish. The first time I put the camera down with the echip on it I got more fish footage than I had gotten in two years prior...in just one day. Since then I always have one on somewhere, and I definitely see more fish on camera now.

I'm not sure if an echip will make a fish bite your lure over a non echip lure, but I do believe that they will draw fish in to your spread to investigate. I think you could just clip one behind your rigger weight, or run paddles with them to achieve the same results without changing the action of your flies.

I believe there are fly manufacturers putting echips in flies.
The problem is the lack of available "echip chargers". I found an app for my phone that charges my echips and keeps them working.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You weren't suppose to tell any one about that app!!

And about time pap! ! Hope they catch you a lunker

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app