GPS/Chartplotter/fish finder

GPS/Chartplotter/fish finder

Need some guidance on this subject. I just picked up a 19ft new to me boat and looking to purchase electronics. My last boat had a garmin 541s and a 400c , was very happy with both but they are out of date. I use a Helix5 on my small boat for reservior fishing and it dosen;t impress me. Seems too complicated and hard to tell exact depth of fish. Not sure if i want to try to find used garmins like I had or go with new equipment. I would want a seperate fish finder so i can keep that screen on all the time. I want easy to operate and simple to understand. Lowrance, Garmin, or Hummingbird ? not sure wich way to go. looking for units in the 500 $ range. Seasons comming so I have to pull the trigger soon. Any input would be welcome, Thanks

I also own. Lowrance  units, but if I had to do it over I'd look into, the birds and others for simplicity, I feel lowrance units have a rather longer learning curv then the Garmin units and the humming birds and the dragon fly 9. Trust me I think there are a ton of elite HDI guys out there that will say never again, I don't know if they simplified the elite series's or not. Lowrance has the worst instruction Manuel ever!! I'm sure most of the elite guys will agree there also. I would really have to play with the lowrance ti to convince me to buy another. This is my personal opinion and everyone has one, kind of like the old saying goes!! LOL

Just purchased a Garmin Echomap 7 in with chirp and down vision. I'm installing as we speak, the transducer and hardware for mounting was solid metal bracket, much sturdier than my Ray ducer mount. It has quality written all over it. They even send extra screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Extra what is that?? And a metal bracket, not like lowrance that you put a little screw through a 3/8 od. Plastic peice that holds this huge transducer?? Quality is that a English Term?? WOW I can't comprehend all those words in the same statement :rock:

• Like 1