Prayer requests

I am looking for prayer requests for my dad , best friend and fishing buddy . 2 weeks ago he went down in the driveway. I initially got the call (ems) to his name and address as a full cardiac arrest. Upon arrival he had fallen from a step head first onto the pavement in his driveway knocking him out cold. After a week in the hospital they determined he has a fractured neck and is in a rehab center . He is in good spirits and hell bent to be ready to fish the National Lake Trout Derby in Seneca for the 40th straight year and be back to be on the boat for the summer loc. Hes taught me all i know and lives to fish. Wouldn't normally put this out but he needs a miracle . 20160526_122451.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You got our family's prayers blughost1!!  Lost my dad. . I thought he was the best!! Being it a father, fishing buddy, most of all best freind. That took a major toll on me mostly my head. I wish the best for your father and and you plus your family!!

Wow! Really sorry Kev. He's a great guy and hell of a fisherman and I know how much the derby means to you both. Lets hope the prayers do wonders for him. We look forward to seeing you both there this year bud. Les

Thx everyone. I will pass all these on when I go see him today and keep updates . Soon as he feels up to it I am going to pick him up at the rehab center in sodus and take him to the ramps and marinas in sodus area. He wants a taste of the water per his request !

1 hour ago, blueghost1 said:

Thx everyone. I will pass all these on when I go see him today and keep updates . Soon as he feels up to it I am going to pick him up at the rehab center in sodus and take him to the ramps and marinas in sodus area. He wants a taste of the water per his request !

Thats a good sign of the mind set he has, the last trip dad and I had together, on the way up we hit every icecream stand we saw!! Yep he was a diabetic LOL. He never wanted to venture past our known hot spots. That week he wanted to go out and fish the Canadian line?? What are they going to do with me, he says, what about me I said? We fished all over the eastern basin that week. On the way home he said I don't know I never wanted to go with you and skip. Differant from your situation that was the last hurra for our partnership but that will power is what will drive your father past the point, into a full recovery. I tell everyone who seeks my advise on life being what I went through myself with busting my back off and the chance I may never walk again, your mind is the most powerful tool your body has, I believe man has no idea what the mind can heal. All you need is positive minded folks surrounding him and he will feed of positive minds!! You can call me nuts but none of you walked my shoes.

Disposition is huge in recovery. If the old man is hell bent on getting better it' a good thing

Ditto that. I've seen my Dad recover from 9 horrible back surgeries. One he wasn't expected to make it through and I agree, disposition has a lot to do with a speedy recovery. Very sorry to hear about your dad Kevin. I know how close you both are. Praying for his speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing you both during the Derby.

Sent from my VK410 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I know he will be back. Thank ypu for the support. These pics are from weeks after he had a stroke 3 yrs ago. He was hell bent then to get back out . Against docs orders he was determined . I took him out and we were fast and steady out of sodus . Only managed a few pics with just two of us . We were just talking about this day. , but it's his determination as well as his grandaughters .Disregard the high rod bend. I slowed the boat for him on the fish lol. FB_IMG_1491151048205.jpgFB_IMG_1491151035899.jpg