Cape Vincent

Hi, my name is Gary and our permanent home is Macedon NY, east of Rochester. During the summer we stay at our place in Cape Vincent by Fox island on the lake. It gets in a little windy and rough but we like it there.

I've been fishing for bass there for over 50 years and the Rochester area for salmon back in the 80s. I'm relegated to a pontoon boat (I really dislike it) now days. But I'm fishing...

Boat name and Radio call

Cest le' Gare. That's about it for now.

Gary

Sent from my SM-J320V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Welcome aboard Wink!! Yea I've been out there in some snotty ass waters in a 21fter Sea Ray fisherman, a freind of my uncle has a place up in Odgensburg on the ST. Lawrance River, and I've been on that river when it wasn't fit for a V bottom boat let alone a pontoon boat. If I ever would get one, I'd want one that can handle a bigger HP. outboard because you can't get the front up with most of those boats that have the motor that comes with them. Cape Vincent gives up some nice smallies, that's a fact!!!  Tight lines to you this year!!  PAP.

Thanks for the welcome Pap!  The east end of the lake and the river can sure be exciting at times.  The trick is to know which side of an island is downwind.  We were watching boats go by in a Bassmaster tournament.  Suddenly one turned and beached himself right in front of us us at our place.  Would you believe he had a big crack cross ways about amidship that water was pouring in.  He broke his boat coming in from Galoo Island and was sinking.  He had a new boat under him in the morning.  Must be nice...

10 hours ago, size don't matter 15 said:

If I remember right, it was about a 20' fiberglass boat.  Not a Ranger or anything equal to that.  That was back when everyone was manufacturing without regard for good marine engineering just get them out the door and make money,