Ok Folks, Where are ya headed for the walleye opener

Landshark

Be somewhere around chamount bay. Taking my 6yr to the cottage for his first fishing trip with dad and he gonna be missing some school. I dont  know who's more excited me or him, he already got his lures picked out, we ben to bass pro and the genese charter sale and he knows what to look for. Also have my dad, which havnt fish's the opener in a few yrs with, brother and 7 yr old nephew going for the first time. Should be interesting, have a feeling I may be doing my serious fishing at nite when they sleeping. Good luck to all!!

Put them on the poles they learn quick, my twin daughters started when they were 7/8 years old, they have beginners luck, the first hour Emily fought her first eye, and lizzy fought her first smallie, after that is was a slow pick at them, they occupied themselves in the cuddy playing games. When we hook up we alternated times, now they are pizzed because I'm not going to fish Saturday or Sunday, comming up Sunday, to fish the rest of the week, which they would of had off, but the winter took all there days away so they get out on time!!

10 minutes ago, orange belly said:

And I am looking forward to my opening weekend with you Mr. Black, I am extremely excited to fish with you!!!  Talk to you soon!

Good choice there Mr. Black the 9th of June we will be on board with Gene also, Best of luck to you and I'm sure Gene will let a few loose for ya chase around:lol: PAP!!!

4 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Michael when are you going to pop your cherry on Erie walleyes?

To Qoute a Jimmy Buffett song  "Someday I will"    How have you been bud?

Niagara county Kings during the day.  Hitch boat and drive 45 minutes to Erie and fish the walleye nite bite. Sounds pretty good doesnt it?

Edited by Gill-T

On 4/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, Landshark said:

i know they are spawning at three  mile bay already

That they are, it will be interesting to see where they end up come opening weekend. Might have to make a run towards the lake.

Guys,and gals. I was out on Chaumont bay today. I gotta tell ya, be careful out there. There is so much crap floating, bobbing and suspended out there it is scary. I backed the throttle all way off and idled around. I know everyone is excited to chase eyes, but this high water is floating everything off the shores, and the variable winds are taking it every which way. I saw a METAL pipe sticking out of the water today where it shouldn't be. I saw a tire bobbing around. I saw a log big enough to take your lower unit off if you were on plane. The guy pumping gas into to my boat spoke about complaints of a dock floating free. This opener will see some stranded boaters if we are not careful out there. Be careful out there this weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app