Ok Folks, Where are ya headed for the walleye opener

Landshark

On 4/30/2017 at 6:06 PM, guffins fisherman said:

Guys,and gals. I was out on Chaumont bay today. I gotta tell ya, be careful out there. There is so much crap floating, bobbing and suspended out there it is scary. I backed the throttle all way off and idled around. I know everyone is excited to chase eyes, but this high water is floating everything off the shores, and the variable winds are taking it every which way. I saw a METAL pipe sticking out of the water today where it shouldn't be. I saw a tire bobbing around. I saw a log big enough to take your lower unit off if you were on plane. The guy pumping gas into to my boat spoke about complaints of a dock floating free. This opener will see some stranded boaters if we are not careful out there. Be careful out there this weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guess that gives a new meaning to combat fishing. :)

I am sure some where around Chaumont is about where I will be headed.  Just need to drive there first.

The unthinkable....I might just sit this one out. Opening night has always been more of an annual rite than a particularly good night of fishing for me anyways. Usually around the last week of May and the first week of June is when I-Bay starts to turn on for me anyways. I think I'll enjoy the warmth of a fire, stay home with the Mrs and then proceed to ditch her in the pursuit of ol' marble eyes for all the weekends in June. 

On 5/1/2017 at 10:16 PM, jopes said:

Guess that gives a new meaning to combat fishing. :)

I am sure some where around Chaumont is about where I will be headed.  Just need to drive there first.

You planning on making it up this weekend? Shouldn't have an issue launching at Bob's maybe have a tough time getting to the water without sinking out of sight. 

Weather looks like I will be heading to the farm to do some gobbler hunting now instead.  I wanted to hit a river spot or two but the weather pattern doesn't support this venture anymore.  Good luck to you guys that go out this weekend.  It may be the first first-Saturday in May in a long time that my wife gets to see me for more than a few minutes here and there.

10 hours ago, Chas0218 said:

You planning on making it up this weekend? Shouldn't have an issue launching at Bob's maybe have a tough time getting to the water without sinking out of sight. 

I'm hearing it's too wet.  I'll just use the parks ramp.  And yes I'll be there soon.

Yeah Devo. My personal best from I-Bay came on opening night 2 years ago. It was the only fish I got that night though. I'm having second thoughts about staying home. Fifty degrees and light rain forecast. I can handle that from for a few hours in the darkness. Should I look for you out there or are you a daytime fisher?

2 hours ago, bosco said:

Yeah Devo. My personal best from I-Bay came on opening night 2 years ago. It was the only fish I got that night though. I'm having second thoughts about staying home. Fifty degrees and light rain forecast. I can handle that from for a few hours in the darkness. Should I look for you out there or are you a daytime fisher?

I love night fishing but the older I get, the harder it is to stay up that late! We get them during the day too so we'll be out Saturday morning pulling planer boards and cranks.

Good Luck!

dEV-0

There is sooo much debris out there in BRB right now it's not even funny. I wouldn't even get on a plane cause there were logs everywhere today. It's was ridiculous. I was planning some night fishing this weekend opener and there's no way without adding head beams to my boat. Be careful out there on the east end.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Weather will be nasty everyone better stay home...prob be bad fishing anyway! I'll let you know if you missed anything!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah people, you have all season stay home. [emoji109] [emoji3] if you go out , be careful it doesn't make you a wimp to wear a life jacket. Good luck and tight lines

Capt. Michael Weaver. Pure Fishing Ambassador

HA, HA, Justin the best eye fishing I ever had in NY. It was 2-3fters, I had a old puke yellow/orange tri-haul, snowing like hell and the eyes were on fire, we needed 1 more for a 3 man ticket when were approached by the U.S. Coast Guard making sure we were all right, they asked if we were catching, and we showed them our catch they were in awe, then they asked if that one more fish was worth it to us, we replied absolutely!! OK fella's just be carefull but I would suggest you wrap it up, with the bildge running and water coming out the hose full time now with waves coming over the bow, we took their advice. We'll catch that one more tomorrow!! Yea right we struggled the rest of the time, later in the week we got our 1 more. That was years ago, I just saw the pics, while I was looking for my circle hooks to make up harnesses. Best of luck to all tomorrow, I'll be on the water come Monday!! PAP!

Well unfortunately my crew all bailed on me for this weekend, looks like I won't be up for the opener. It will be the first one I miss in close to 10 years. A little sad about the whole deal but with the crap weather I'm not really too upset. O well, I'll have to hit it in a couple weeks.