IBAY 4/2

Got out about 7:30.  Saw 8 or 9 boats out today.  Water temp was 39 everywhere.  Went 3-3 on browns.  Biggest was around 6.  One dock is in at the launch.  We did see a pretty big tree floating half way between shipbuilders and Webster Pier.  Other than forgetting the down riggers it was a good first trip.   Boat ran good and was a nice day out there.  

i was there also about the same time and went 2 for 2 on browns i one top line other on rigger. on sticks in green and yellow. we hit them in about 22 fow about 100 foot back on topline and about 50 back on rigger down 14 feet down

Forgot your downriggers huh! It seems I always forget something on the first trip. Let's see, one year the net, one time pliers. It's always something. I always tell myself I'm going to make a big check off list but I never do.

You think after 35 years of doing this It would be second nature.   Last year during the shakedown was that nasty storm that went from 0 to holy crap in 10 minutes.  we had ice and snow all over the boat.  I am counting this one as a win.  Having fish for dinner tonight as well.  

I was out in my friends boat also. We ended up 6 for 8, I think. I now we got 6 in the boat cant remember how many total hit that got off but was only a few. We were in 10-12 ft. Got them on black silver rapala, brown trout candy bay rat and one on a spoon not sure the name but was black on the side with some orange.