Boat cover

Is it for storing on the water or in the yard? I have went through a new cover every year for the last few years this year I put a roof of the side of the garage have less than 400$ in it and it should last the rest of my life. I even made it big enough for a bigger boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A custom cover will last 10x longer and fit right. I tried a couple store brands..neither lasted 2 seasons. My oldest custom Cover is 9 years old and still going strong. Cost about the same as I spent on 2 poor quality ones. Amish shop in Conneaut pa made one for my 19ft for around $350.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I used to get a cover from bass pro or wal mart and they would fall apart after 2 years. Now I am in year six with a semi-custom from Carver(I think). It's still in good shape plus the outboard cover is built in. I think i paid around $350. It fits like a glove too. And now that I've talked it up it will probably get shredded in the wind tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Is it for storing on the water or in the yard? I have went through a new cover every year for the last few years this year I put a roof of the side of the garage have less than 400$ in it and it should last the rest of my life. I even made it big enough for a bigger boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sitting in the yard at home and away and honestly I'd like one for trailering as well if anything out there to do it. Can't add on to garage without major yard rebuilding as my house sits on top a knoll

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A custom cover maker should be able to use the existing snaps on the boat.  Make sure you tell them that is what you want.  Custom covers well worth the money- every couple years spray on fresh waterproofing.

I know there are a lot of opinions about this and options but after using both custom canvas and some of the other premade options on the two boats I've had  and given that you already have snaps installed the better option would be to bite the bullet and have one custom made to your particular boat. The acrylic canvas seems to hold up better than a lot of the other types in my experience. I have one set customized to fit the boat exactly and then a mooring cover to go over it and that fitted canvas has lasted15 seasons thus far while I'm on my third mooring cover on my present boat. I think a fitted canvas is a better option than the mooring cover which the wind can get underneath. The UV rays do raise hell with most types too and especially the thread used to sew them. The most important thing is to have someone do the work that is expert at it because the materials and workmanship differ greatly and matter greatly as well.

Edited by Sk8man