Ocean City MD Charter Recommendations????

Ocean City MD Charter Recommendations????

Off topic, but...I'm looking for a good, and reasonably priced fishing charter in OC, MD for this June.

I've never chartered out of Ocean City.  We're looking for offshore or inshore ocean fishing (not bay fishing).

Any recommendations appreciated!

Look up Capt Mark Sampson he is an expert shark guide out of Ocean City and Fla You will not be disappointed his boat was docked in West Ocean City

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

June should be prime time for tuna! Call captain Sean of the Restless Lady. He's got two boats and for offshore you won't beat his rates and they catch a ton of fish!

for inshore I recommend driving up to Indian River Inlet and fish on the Wreckaholic with Fish Whisperer Charters.  Flounder will just be starting. 

If I had to choose I would choose offshore that time of year. We've had a great yellowfin tuna bite the last few years in the canyons on the early season temp breaks!

6 minutes ago, markmonkey1 said:

Thanks for those leads---I'll check them out.
Anyone ever charter with Fin Chaser, Capt Dan?

Have not fished with him. You can check Out the Fin Razr out of sunset marina OCMD. Captain Doug runs a smaller center console. I'm good friends with his mate Shane. Smaller boat should be cheaper than bigger sport fishers. 

Thanks for the info.

I'm not really interested in a head boat, Restless Lady (recommended by several) was booked full in June, FinRazr limited to 4 people for offshore trips (we have 6). So, I booked with Capt Dan of Fin Chaser. I spoke with him and was comfortable with what he had to say.

My wife and I prefer trolling for the larger fighting fish (and we've never fished for tuna), but we don't want the kids to get bored. So, we opted for DEEP DROP BOTTOM FISHING (60 miles out) to hopefully have good consistent action for the kids and relatively larger fish, and plan to (hopefully) squeeze in some tuna/dolphin trolling at some point if they are thought to be in the area and biting. Capt will be tuna trolling the prior couple of trips so he should have some good info on them...

Here...fishy, fishy, fishy!

**I know the captain and mate do most of the leg work on this kind of trip, but if anyone is experienced with this type of fishing, any advice to improve our success is appreciated!

Just like perching on Lake Erie, right?! [emoji3]

12 minutes ago, markmonkey1 said:

Thanks for the info.

I'm not really interested in a head boat, Restless Lady (recommended by several) was booked full in June, FinRazr limited to 4 people for offshore trips (we have 6). So, I booked with Capt Dan of Fin Chaser. I spoke with him and was comfortable with what he had to say.

My wife and I prefer trolling for the larger fighting fish (and we've never fished for tuna), but we don't want the kids to get bored. So, we opted for DEEP DROP BOTTOM FISHING (60 miles out) to hopefully have good consistent action for the kids and relatively larger fish, and plan to (hopefully) squeeze in some tuna/dolphin trolling at some point if they are thought to be in the area and biting. Capt will be tuna trolling the prior couple of trips so he should have some good info on them...

Here...fishy, fishy, fishy!

**I know the captain and mate do most of the leg work on this kind of trip, but if anyone is experienced with this type of fishing, any advice to improve our success is appreciated!

Just like perching on Lake Erie, right?! emoji3.png

What week of June are you going? For deep dropping you will be tile fishing out that far for goldens and blue line tilefish. Great eating, probably some of the best. Some guys use electrics for this some guys will use manual reels loaded with braid. You will be fishing 600-1200 feet probably so its a long way to the bottom! 

Out that far you will be in the canyons and around all of the other boats trolling, so if there is a good tuna bite you will be right there for it. If early June you will be a little early for consistent catches of dolphin, but the yellowfin should be around in big numbers. If the temperature breaks setup right and you hit a good break you should have a great day on yellowfin. A lot of times in the early season trolling you will go through a school and get multiples on at a time (sometimes 8 or 9 at once!). Crazy good action and obviously great eating too. There is nothing better than seeing tuna blow up on the lures trolled behind the boat and hearing drag scream!

They certainly wont be consistent yet at that time but the white marlin will begin showing up as well and always the possibility of hooking one on the tuna troll. An occasional wahoo will also be around that time of year. You also have the opportunity at a Bigeye tuna when trolling as well! They will kick your butt but are a blast to catch! June is one of my favorite times of year to troll out there, the yellowfin bite is usually outstanding. Later in the summer you get more variety with more marlin, dolphin and wahoo around, but less tuna. Good luck and if you have any other questions let me know! I fish down there a lot!

We are going the 3rd week in June, so hopefully that will be prime time! With the warm winter, maybe things will pick up sooner than normal. We'll have 4 teenagers onboard, so need to keep them busy! We'll be deep dropping in 350-500 fow (near canyon?) and yes...electrics for the deep drops. Capt said 3-15# tilefish should be biting good, and hopefully a few 30-50# goldens and some jumbo sea bass. And I'm really hoping for that tuna bite!

We've done many different ocean charters over the years, but never deep drop, and never tuna.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:56 AM, markmonkey1 said:

We are going the 3rd week in June, so hopefully that will be prime time! With the warm winter, maybe things will pick up sooner than normal. We'll have 4 teenagers onboard, so need to keep them busy! We'll be deep dropping in 350-500 fow (near canyon?) and yes...electrics for the deep drops. Capt said 3-15# tilefish should be biting good, and hopefully a few 30-50# goldens and some jumbo sea bass. And I'm really hoping for that tuna bite!

We've done many different ocean charters over the years, but never deep drop, and never tuna.

Yup you'll be just inside the canyon, good luck and have fun! Should be a great time of year to be out there!