Bullhead

Yesterday, I caught a bullhead while fishing with my wife and kids just off the river channel east of Wellesley Island State Park that weighed 10 lbs 7 oz on my digital scales and was longer than my 24" fish ruler! Being from the south, I knew it was a pretty good fish but didn't think much of it as we took a few pics and released it back into the lake - then I read on-line tonight that it would have qualified as a NY State Record! I know it wasn't a channel cat, but I'm not sure whether it was a brown or a black bullhead. All the pics were on a disposable 35mm camera, so no pics for now. We were fishing for minnows and bass w/ crawdads and minnows when it started taking line on the old Zebco 33. Definitely made for a good afternoon.

russ

WOW, quite impressive! you would have beaten the old record for a black bullhead by 3 pounds and almost 4 over a brown bullhead. Hurry up and get the pics up I'm sure everyone wants to see them

I'm with you... I like proof...

exageration gets the best of everyone at times..

I always like when my hunitng buddies will say, "you should have seen the hughe 10 pt. I saw"... Oh yeah how far was it? "150 yards"...

They all squint like crazy when we are watching TV at night, but can count tines at 150 yards... pretty good...

FYI: All of the shipping channel around Wellesley State Park is in Canadian waters. I'm not sure of the exact penalty, but have heard plenty of rumors about loosing boats, gear, and hefty fines.

Here's a good map to check out. Notice that there is very little US water around the park until you go west and into Eel Bay, or going east thru the rift to to Lake of the Isles.

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14773.shtml

Sounds like a massive bully tho! I pulled in a 6lb. smallie not far from there in the mouth of the rift last week.