Marina info

"The water temp in sandy is always 52° near the bottom because that's the earth temperature".......... That's all you need to know about that dou$&$;bag.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

1 minute ago, whaler1 said:

Frank at Sleepy Hollow probably still has slips.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

He is more than likely a busy man this evening!

I counted I think 34 boat there last year at what yearly fee ? $ 1 K ? Thats 34 K maybe . How much profit from gas sales ? Maybe 5-8 K ? another  3  K maybe from other stuff? Total that like $ 45 k tops .Taxes are what , $ 7 K , Insurance $ 3-5  K ? Maintanance and some help he hires what maybe $ 5 K . Accounting fees & other buisness related expenses . What did  he put in his pocket after all said and done ? $ 20-25 K .Pay taxes on that ? 

Showed me his plans for the place & had a long talk about it . To get it to how he wanted it would be $ 250 -400 K. Would take him 20 years to recoupe his investment. 

With the rebirth of Bradocks ( Took Gov money to make that place Viable) and Bald Eagle ( Lets see how long that place lasts, AGAIN!  Oshman got out at the right time. Kept my boat there for years  ) From a buisness standpoint his best option is to sell. Someone with  ambition , a dream , and a lot of money could make a go .

I considered buying it . Great retirement project right up my alley . Then I woke up. 

You guys had a cheap ,quiet safe place you could pull your  car up to , to keep your boats . Plan on it costing more . 

I knew it was over when he had the yard sale & talked to his girlfriend. I wish him well .

It's official, all right. I got the call last night. He's either selling or "paying it off over the next three years and fixing it up". Hmmm....good luck with that. There's going to be lots of guys who are ticked off at the late notice, me included. Getting them back is going to be a tough sell. I ended up talking to Frank and he has a dock for me at Sleepy Hollow.. 

Great chance for the other marina owners to expand, but with a business draft all laid out in the beforehand like that, kinda blows individual intrest. Property taxes are only 7000 ? Would have guessed higher by almost half again....it's New York!
Even if the shootout has a rule for starting out of other ports, there still is a problem with where are all the extra boats coming into sandy gonna dock, and how you gonna get to the sportsmen club with no vehicle or boat trailer?

Money doesn't buy happiness,
but it does buy horsepower....
I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

I counted I think 34 boat there last year at what yearly fee ? $ 1 K ? Thats 34 K maybe . How much profit from gas sales ? Maybe 5-8 K ? another  3  K maybe from other stuff? Total that like $ 45 k tops .Taxes are what , $ 7 K , Insurance $ 3-5  K ? Maintanance and some help he hires what maybe $ 5 K . Accounting fees & other buisness related expenses . What did  he put in his pocket after all said and done ? $ 20-25 K .Pay taxes on that ? 

Showed me his plans for the place & had a long talk about it . To get it to how he wanted it would be $ 250 -400 K. Would take him 20 years to recoupe his investment. 
With the rebirth of Bradocks ( Took Gov money to make that place Viable) and Bald Eagle ( Lets see how long that place lasts, AGAIN!  Oshman got out at the right time. Kept my boat there for years  ) From a buisness standpoint his best option is to sell. Someone with  ambition , a dream , and a lot of money could make a go .
I considered buying it . Great retirement project right up my alley . Then I woke up. 

You guys had a cheap ,quiet safe place you could pull your  car up to , to keep your boats . Plan on it costing more . 

I knew it was over when he had the yard sale & talked to his girlfriend. I wish him well .

He's been talking about fixing that place up for 10 years. Same pitch, but he burned all his bridges with the town and state. The state actually owns half that parking lot and told him that if his mouth kept running ,they'll take it back. He isn't making squat there. I understand selling it, but sending out Xmas cards, contracts, taking deposits and then closing the doors in April is a complete ass$&-e move.
Don't forget he last minute said no to the pen project and with his mouth, sabotaged it for 2 years.
This guy is NOT a good human being.

695,000 dollars (listed on land and farms) divided by 20 investors is a little over 30000. Thought... some of the vested intrest come together and form their own sportsmen club there. Non profit and monies from member dues and reasonable slip fees and other activities could enhance the whole property. You could have the tournament activities all taken care of. With a good membership population it could do very well and become a lot more than it is, growing the investment for the founders.

Ok....that is what thought did...[emoji28][emoji38]

Redneck Yot Club?.....couldn't help myself...

Money doesn't buy happiness,

but it does buy horsepower....

I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

He is back . Just had a long conversation with him. Was a last minute buisness decision on advice from council. And I don't blame him for making it. The few who made deposits will get them back. 

2 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

This guy is NOT a good human bein

Pretty bold statement. 

He is back . Just had a long conversation with him. Was a last minute buisness decision on advice from council. And I don't blame him for making it. The few who made deposits will get them back. 
Pretty bold statement. 

Yeah, I'm a bold person, I just say what other people think.

23 hours ago, RUNNIN REBEL said:

April 7th to notify people ???? I don't think it's official yet

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by UNREEL
Did not see page 2