Add auto stop to downriggers?

Add auto stop to downriggers?

So I had a post before trying fix my old cannon mag 10 downrigger motor. Well I had no luck. Instead of buying a new motor for $150 I found a good deal on another set of electric mag 10 tournament series riggers. Only bad part is they don't have auto stop.

my old mag 10s had been upgraded with mag 20 boards for the reason of adding auto stop (I'm assuming, previous owner did it). Is there any reason why I can't swap these boards into my new mag 10s and then have auto stop on them? Below are pics of my old mag 10s with the mag 20 boards in them. Looks to me like the green ground wire may have been added by the previous owner? (Different hardware and different gauge wire then the rest of the connections)

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

Edited by FishingFool34

Pulled apart the new TS Mag 10s... no board of any kind in there... power to right to switch to motor to breaker and that is it. I'm thinking I can just swap the entire setups out (switch/board/breaker) and put it right in the TS riggers. This will also save me the hassle of swapping out battery plug-ins as they are slightly different between the two riggers. Only thing I will have to do is find a place to connect the green ground wire on the new motors. Makes sense in my head lol