help with etec outboard

hard knox

help with etec outboard

Bought a used boat last fall and love it only issue is my 2007 115 etec has a cold start issue runs perfect most of the time but on a cold start it takes 3 to 5 tries before it will stay running it just starts and stalls when warmed up it starts and runs fine.Have checked online and there is a lot of talk of this issue but no real answers to it that i can find .Batterys and fuel system all good if anybody has dealt with this issue or is a evenrude tech any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sounds like a fuel issue , I had a 2000 Johnson with similar issue . The fuel line wouldn't hold a prime I replaced the fuel line and primer bulb and it was problem solved . It only takes a pin hole to let air in the system . I'm no pro but that's where I'd start if I was self diagnosing . Pugsleys marine in Ontario is a dealer if you're looking for a shop. Good luck !

Yep, and while your add it replace the connector from the fuel line into the motor. Take a look at your plugs as well, confirm gap, replace him if needed. Fresh gas, non ethanol. I have to choke mine a few times while its warming up to keep it at idle until it runs on it own.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Thanks going to  drain all fuel out of boat and add dry gas and switch to only non ethanol after doing  some online research on effects of ethanol and just how fast it absorbs water .Then clean injectors and throttle body all ready  upgraded fuel  line and bulb as well and installed water separator /filter unit.O and apparently i need to ck plugs to make sure they are indexed properly .

Go to etecownersgroup.com you can read and post all etec questions and get responses from certified Evinrude techs.  It's a wealth of knowledge! I just upgraded to an Etec putting it in the water this Sunday for first trip of season.  Looking forward To the direct injection, my old Johnson v4 was pretty cold blooded.