Canadian waters border crossing rule change

Canadian waters border crossing rule change

The CBSA reported that the minimum fine for failing to report entering Canadian waters $1,000 now. It applies to both US and Canadian citizens. A cell phone and radio should be on your boat to comply with their rules.

HUH, they made it sound earlier, like no need to phone in just couldn't get off on land?? The river guys could breath a sigh of relief, I guess that changed quick:smoke: whatever!!!

I'd like to hear the real story as applies to guys crossing to drift or troll fishing. I read of some guys here that run over to do salmon derbys may have had a problem not reporting before pulling into Canadian docks. I left my passport expire.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Bill still has to pass House of Commons and get signed by Governor General. All stems from a bust on a 22 year old kid who was fishing Canadian side with liscense and all safety stuff on board. They demanded he pay 1000 bucks on the spot or face arrest and forfeiture of boat along with fines in the thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Port of Rochester has a new Video phone (to report to & from Canada ) installed on the west side of Genesee River now. There is also a video phone on the east side of Genesee River at Shumway Marina.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

The article I read says that if this passes the final step, then there will be no need to call ahead anymore unless you anchor or touch shore including Canadian Islands. This will be nice if it passes. I knew it was only a matter of time when it hit their pocketbook they would change it back. Too much a hassle the way it is now and so impractical. As of now the old rules still apply.

Be careful and still call CanPass until the Canadian Government passes the New Border Water Regulation.

I still have not received clarification from the Canadian Imigration if when this new rule passes will it include Charter Fishing Vessels.At present a Charter Captain must have a Canadian Work Permit Visa for $155 to operate in Canadian Border Waters & must call CanPass and can Only Work Daylight Hours!

Capt Larry D Jones 

Pres. E.L.E.C.B.A.

Edited by mostlymuskies
Spelling