Hey From Just East of Rochester

Just wanted to say hello. Member from several years ago, but ran into problems with my other email.

Never properly introduced myself before and need to be more active. I live in Ontario (small town, not Canada [emoji1]). Just recently bought my first boat, an '89 Ranger 363V. It's got a tentative name, but that'll be a secret for another day.

Haven't had the years of experience that the majority of members have. Didn't succeed at fishing until more recently, but I'm pushing hard to put more time on the water enjoying life looking forward. Pretty much self taught and read a lot.

Also an avid whitetail hunter and enjoy the outdoors. Going to join the Muskies Inc. chapter and learn to hunt those apex predators. Thrilled for all the upcoming seasons.

Tight lines guys and gals.

Hello BlackBeard1, Welcome to LOU. Good to hear that you are interested in NY Muskies Inc. Chapter 69. Have you already done some musky fishing or are you just becoming interested? Do you know solgrande here on LOU? He is one of our founding members and lives out your way. Many of our members are on this forum. There is a lot of good content under the Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike section. Let me know if you have any questions about the chapter.

Hey there Muskiedreams, I've been interested in musky fishing for a couple years, but always took it as one of those things for the most elite veterans. I've never fished for them and just the last couple months started to do the research regarding them.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone from LOU personally. I'm hoping to change that. Also hoping that joining the chapter and being able to participate in the functions will allow me to connect with the veterans and other local Esox fans.

I've been browsing the predator section of the forums the last day and a half. Has me even more excited.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There are a lot of good and helpful anglers here on LOU and in Chapter 69. The general atmosphere is to help each other become better angles and to support and educate the public and anglers of all types about the unique vulnerabilities of musky populations and do our best to help insure the health of the fisheries for years to come. A big part of that is helping those who are new to musky fishing become prepared with the right knowledge and equipment to be effective at catch and release. Also, to bring the message to all anglers about being as careful as possible about handling muskies during an incidental catch. Therefore no question is a stupid question and in this forum, there exists many of the answers to your questions. Of course some answers are not known. After all it is fishing!! Sometime when you think you know, you find out "not always".